Broad Ambition - Underway on the H2O

8 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

Onboard earlier this evening. Crewed up with six D88 former HMS Glasgow communicators, this is a yearly event and the only one I’ve not cancelled this year  

Now at Sutton Staithe 

Had yet another nasty discovery in the wetshed.  I have five rods made up ready to go, three cheapo’s and two expensive rods  along with reels. Yes, my ledger and float rods stolen. £400 gone. The cheapo’s still there of course. 

Yet another theft from the wetshed. Losing count now. 

That’s me finished with fishing until next year at the earliest. What with everything else that is going on this year, not a prayer of replacing them

Not happy 

Griff

That's not good mate , thieving little gits, despicable. Did they take them from the inside the boat?, And is it likely it's another boat owner? Surely not.

You strike me as someone who won't dwell on it and not let the scum get to you.

Just remember where you are you lucky man. Enjoy the rest of your break.

all the best

Neil

• Like 2

On ‎16‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 16:01, BroadAmbition said:

Reported it.

Cctv.

I will report it. Another crime number = no action

Cctv - Yes but only 31 days so no evidence 

I’m done with it all

Griff

Hi Griff and I am sorry to hear about the theft, and it's the last thing you need before venturing out for a well deserved break. So perhaps it's time to upgrade your security to cameras that only record movement giving you more days recording, or being alerted to movement in the shed via your phone!

2 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

Underway from Womack to Sutton Staithe for pump out and diesel as per the norm. Nice day out on the rivers

Griff

Passed you between Paddy's Lane and Sutton/Stalham turn off. You can spot Broad Ambition a mile off. She looked absolutely beautiful in the sunshine :default_cool:

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Update:-

‘B.A’ sailed Friday afternoon round to H.W’s to moor with the three Jewels. Friday afternoon - evening all crews present. Evening in the Falgate dinner for 22 of us

Saturday - sailed to The Bridge Inn for the first mandatory DTS then over Breydon to Reedham for the night. The Ship Inn for the evening with a barmaid who was showing off a spectacular cleavage (apparently)

One dog ‘Tally’ fell in at Acle, jumped over the transom onto the bank only there wasn’t one. Barney (huge Retriever) missed his footing at Reedham, that could have been serious if not for the slipway being right where he fell in. Macie dog more savvy but will insist on rolling on wet grass at every mooring and getting hersen proper mucky  

Sunday - sailed at 1000. Now at New Inn at Rockland. This evening intend to overnight at Surlingham Ferry

It’s done nowt other rain / blow / grey since Friday evening. Not bothered a jot

Last night I was duty chef for my crew - Rabbit Casserole enjoyed by all. On another Jewel they had a curry. Gnasher doesn’t eat rabbit, it wasn’t until they had finished he was told he just eaten Bugs Bunny - not happy! We did larf.

Griff

• Like 8