Broad Ambition - Underway on the H2O

I was cleaning but then forumites arrived they live in next village to us. Ferzan is their boat. The boys wanted to see onboard. 

Upper scuppers completed. Now just got the glass to do. MrsG commented I’d made  a rubbish job of them before I have even done them :default_2gunsfiring_v1:

She has gone back to La’tharms - second visit :default_blink:

Griff

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Sunday 9th 

Stern on at Womack Water yesterday at 1640. Got settled in for the night. Dinner onboard. I think that Norfolk Nog might be our neighbour on Evening Light. 

During the early hours at around 0400 strong gusts of wind experienced. I took the precaution of tie wrapping the canopy bars to the side battens then tie wrapped them onto the  wheelhouse sides.  Glad I did. 

This forenoon the gusts increased in strength. So, 2nd mudweight deployed both out to port, plus a 50ft port head rope to shore  we were still getting moved around.

Command Decision  move to a port side berth arrangement, 2 x headropes, back spring, doubled on stern rope, mast down  bearing in mind 80mph gusts forecast this afternoon.

Originally we had planned to sail today for Thurne / Bure, Ant overnight then onto Stalham in the morning to collect a mate. Not anymore, I’m not putting ‘B.A’ at risk, nor me n MrsG. He will just have to come to us here.  We ain’t going anywhere in this

Griff

8320B873-C16F-4327-9DA4-31FB0DF21F12.jpeg

C83E5B83-28B9-4016-A2C8-DA7F697300CF.jpeg

• Like 8

Amazingly we have survived another night

Right, enough is enough. Going stir crazy here at Womack Water.

Shower drain pump has finally packed up. It is over 20 years old. Having treated it to a service kit last year, the motor has turned its last. Robin to the rescue and off to Wards in his car. Once he’s back I’ll fit the thing - needs some jiggery pokery on the plumbing apparently, you just kinda know it’ll be fighting me. 

Then?  We are going to have a go at making Horning. Need FW and plugging into shore power would be nice. It’s still proper windy though

Griff

• Like 7