Broad Ambition - Underway on the H2O

Flotilla sailed at midday yesterday for a leisurely cruise in company to Beccles. There is over twenty craft here.
I’ll get some photos later these for now

I had to fix a macerating w/c on one boat (low voltage) today fan belts on another

I’m ont bow fishing since 0530, it’s slow going

Griff

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 9

Not sure which thread to say this on, but I wanted to congratulate Dave and all concerned in making the Beccles Show happen this year, against all the odds.

You have had the courage and positivity to see it through, when almost all other annual events on the Broads and elsewhere have simply been written off months ago.  This is the sort of "Dunkirk Spirit" which will see us through this virus and back to normal life again - one of these days!

My heartiest congratulations to all, have a great weekend and I wish I could be there!

• Like 10

53 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

A welcome relief it is somewhat cooler this morning 

It’s still windy on the coast at Lowestoft just as it was yesterday. And it’s foggy as well. I’ve no idea how far that extends or what Breydon Water might be like this morning. 

Norwich Yacht station. Arrived yesterday afternoon. We are here with Water Rail and Nipper. Ate at ‘Fatso’s’ last night. 

Robin leaves us today to collect his car and head back to Indy. We will sail about 1000, stop off for a quick trip to Morrison’s then on to Surlingham Ferry. 

It was proper roasting hot yesterday, apparently today is to be even hotter

I’m up fishing since 0500. A bit slow after yesterday 

Griff

B5B5E2A8-592C-4D29-B96E-95FF411C515E.jpeg

• Like 8

Oops, missed a Post.

Called in for a quick one at Rush cutters arms  pub at lunchtime. Took a few photos underway. Discovered a fully submerged dinghy at the western end. It looked deep enough to pass over but the floating painter is just asking to foul a prop. 

A ranger passed whilst we we moored outside the pub, I duly informed him. 

Another great day afloat. Sailing at 0700 in t morning to catch slack water at GYA as we need to be in Stalham to collect two crew members onboard through to Sunday 

Griff

899ADA01-454D-48FE-A007-FAE8675BC734.jpeg

83146D1D-996C-44C0-8633-E9551CDDA011.jpeg

71D128BA-2B99-4FCF-B2A6-F3C1705331C1.jpeg

D686EA0B-6E6F-4CD9-A36A-EE9E097CE246.jpeg

C81CBF77-B552-4661-B6FB-16F6EAE0FBAF.jpeg

• Like 10

Sailed at 0730. I didn’t wake up till 0630 so no fishing this morning.  Low water at GYA is 1000 so I’m cruising down river on an ebb tide. It’s about 20 miles to the bridges. 1700 rpm is normally 6mph. Beta running at 1500rpm,  speed is 6:2mph, I keep backing off as the current has more effect. 

We are charging the batteries at 42amps per Hr. A quickburst up to 2000rpm puts the input up to 60 amps. The solar panels are adding in a further 17:8 volts at 2:8 amps per Hr

Just backed off to 1150rpm for Beauchamp 5mph, normally would be 1400rpm. 

It’s getting hot hot hot again  Onboard wx station displays internal temperature of 21c with external temp of 23c at 0815

It’s yet another glorious morning to be afloat 

Now at 1400rpm for 6mph

MrsG is currently deep cleaning before it gets too hot (Covid) ready for our two guests this evening. 

We will spend through to Sunday pm on the northern rivers which will complete 17 days afloat - Bliss. We are proper spoiling and why not?  

I’ll ‘Submit’ and sign off as the morning sun has dried off the canopy so down it must come. 37c if not more forecast for today

Griff

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1