Broad Ambition - Underway on the H2O

Friday 20th August Day 16 continued

Arrived in HW’s basin. No pump out as they are too busy

Visit Latharms and tackle shop

Want to know the cheapest pump out on the northern Broads?

Maycraft. Single pumpout £10. FW - a donation 

Now underway to find a wild mooring on the Ant. Bbq, fishing & rampant sex on the bank in the evening 

Ok - I admit it, I made the last one up

Griff

179EBC1D-ECE0-44C9-A885-AC27FAD75447.jpeg

2C4EF694-0083-4E17-BFC7-F54B2D88C91E.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

Friday 20th Aug Day 16 continued 

Alongside Port bank river Ant up from Nieves Windpump. Cleared a section of bank to give me room for fishing. Ground baited taking into account river flow to use the feeder rod for the first time this holiday. Got settled. 

Then Malanka turned up :default_biggrin:

Best laid plans n all that. On the upside we had a bbq / drinks n company on the bank

The amount of passing speeding boats was somewhat disappointing

Griff

• Like 3

Saturday 21st August Day 17

Up at 0630. No need to walk Purdey as she has acres of bank to explore on her todd with no one to disturb and no other boats for her to invite hersen onboard. 

Out with my float rod - productive. 

Malanka sailed about 0800 on the bottom of the tide giving him clearance at Ludham bridge. Me n Purdey on the bank in the morning sunshine

Griff

27E3E01D-0696-4227-BB2C-8CEA272CDF49.jpeg

EDBA92E8-9C84-446A-907E-7534FC553ED3.jpeg

• Like 8

We experienced a fair few speeding past us this week. So much so Desmond Whippet got quite panicky when one caused a massive rocking motion and the crockery was clattering.  Plumes of steam were coming out behind said boat.    

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

8ft 6in occasionally , bridge height seems to often permit 8ft 3in airdraft boats , we need 8ft and with the exception of spring tides and wet winter months then we have no problems 

when we used to hire we took Hi Light (then called Muscadet) under with the arch down as I believe up the air draught was 8ft 9in

• Thanks 1

Saturday 21 Aug continued

I got stuck into some issues onboard between fishing sessions, they were hard going. It was akin to fishing the M18

We sailed late afternoon  collected a non paying passenger, a homing pigeon with both legs tagged

No firm destination in mind, we settled in at Paddy’s Lane where we met a retired couple on a very smart Hampton Safari. He’s a genuine professor too!  I gave them a NBN card

In between bouts of rain - Fishing and Bbq using left over scran. MrsG brushed Purdey on t bank and removed those small sticky for the umpteenth time

Dvd then lights out

Griff

459D4A7B-7BBB-46A6-97E9-BB505D752CFA.jpeg

3B921728-6841-4478-8E76-D0812E18D205.jpeg

63DDCEBB-12BB-4041-83A8-7B9F30349041.jpeg

• Like 4

Sunday 22nd Aug - Day 18

I seem to have got the daily counter mixed up. I’ll ask Grendel to sorry it out in due course 

Another lie in, I was up before Purdey, probably due to the rain. It hammered it down last night good n proper

Light rain ‘this morning, fishing is slow going, I’m stood inside galley to keep dry

We have decided to go home today, two days earlier than originally planned. The wx hasn’t been the best, nor is the forecast & if I can get my work diary in front by just one day then the weekend planned in for early September with a mate can be four days instead of three

Griff

image.jpg

• Like 6

Didn’t hear any rain last night in Hoveton. But it poured for a while this morning, just as we were ready to go out. Breydon looked flat calm as we drove over the bridge and I can’t hear the sea at Lowestoft which is most unusual. 

Safe travels home. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SwanR said:

Didn’t hear any rain last night in Hoveton. But it poured for a while this morning, just as we were ready to go out. Breydon looked flat calm as we drove over the bridge and I can’t hear the sea at Lowestoft which is most unusual. 

Safe travels home. 

Hammered down here last night, it had a rest then returned for second go then again this morning. Found a couple of leaks I didnt know of.

Hammered down in South Walsham last night Water is high still high today  I went through bang on  low water and it was 8:2 on the leaning gauge. The gauge by the bridge seems to be in cahoots with Mills and Boon on the fantasy front. 

• Haha 2

We have dazzling light booked for Oct and hope to get under Ludham bridge, I like the cruise up to Stalham. But oddly herbert woods state an air draft height of 8ft with screen lowered, but richardsons state a a height of 8.6ft for bolero, basically the same boat. Dazzling has the revamped upper deck area that bolero dosent have. I would of thought it should be the other way round. Or are richardsons over stating boleros height. 

3 minutes ago, CambridgeCabby said:

We hired Spitfire from Alpha craft which is (or was) a similar craft and she was 8ft 2in air draught when we measured her 

Yes CC spitfire was identical to bolero, dazzling has the newer upper seating area,table etc, I believe spitfire is now at bridgecraft as Brooklyn Bridge, with an added upper crescent shaped seating area at the stern. 

10 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

Sunday 22nd Aug - Day 18

I seem to have got the daily counter mixed up. I’ll ask Grendel to sorry it out in due course 

Another lie in, I was up before Purdey, probably due to the rain. It hammered it down last night good n proper

Light rain ‘this morning, fishing is slow going, I’m stood inside galley to keep dry

We have decided to go home today, two days earlier than originally planned. The wx hasn’t been the best, nor is the forecast & if I can get my work diary in front by just one day then the weekend planned in for early September with a mate can be four days instead of three

Griff

image.jpg

Glad you went home Charlie, the sun has just come out :default_coat:

• Haha 1