Broad Ambition - Underway on the H2O

Tuesday 12th October

Got a bit of a surprise last night. After all three crews had spent the afternoon outside the Rushcutters sampling their ales, then two crews having dinner in t pub, the manager informed me that they have a no overnight mooring policy!

What?

I had a conversation with him and explained that the three craft were going nowhere until two things had happened, it was daylight & more than 7ft 2”  airdraft available under the bridge next forenoon (today). He understood but would have to inform the Greene King manager. I Never heard owt more from him on this one  next morning as friendly as ever

This morning whilst doing breakfast we ran out of gas on J2, both bottles. Not a problem I’ll borrow one off J3, only she had one empty and one only a quarter full. Sigh, ring H.W’s again. Out he came with four full bottles and adjusted the fan belt on J3 for good measure. Could not bring us four bog brushes though due to Covid so I bought four from Poundland  we are now on first name terms with mr engineer 

We sailed eventually for Norwich yacht station where I allocated a two hour stop

Due to getting stuck last night we have missed the group visiting 007 at IMAX and the Lap dancing venue too (Really?)

We are now underway for Rockland with gentle rain on and off. All craft fully operational, warm, dry and well stocked.  Purdey is back onboard having earlier jumped ship literally over to ‘B.A’ for the cruise into Norwich

Griff

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

Tuesday 12th October

Got a bit of a surprise last night. After all three crews had spent the afternoon outside the Rushcutters sampling their ales, then two crews having dinner in t pub, the manager informed me that they have a no overnight mooring policy!

What?

I had a conversation with him and explained that the three craft were going nowhere until two things had happened, it was daylight & more than 7ft 2”  airdraft available under the bridge next forenoon (today). He understood but would have to inform the Greene King manager. I Never heard owt more from him on this one  next morning as friendly as ever

This morning whilst doing breakfast we ran out of gas on J2, both bottles. Not a problem I’ll borrow one off J3, only she had one empty and one only a quarter full. Sigh, ring H.W’s again. Out he came with four full bottles and adjusted the fan belt on J3 for good measure. Could not bring us four bog brushes though due to Covid so I bought four from Poundland  we are now on first name terms with mr engineer 

We sailed eventually for Norwich yacht station where I allocated a two hour stop

Due to getting stuck last night we have missed the group visiting 007 at IMAX and the Lap dancing venue too (Really?)

We are now underway for Rockland with gentle rain on and off. All craft fully operational, warm, dry and well stocked.  Purdey is back onboard having earlier jumped ship literally over to ‘B.A’ for the cruise into Norwich

Griff

One of your crew will be relieved as I think last time he stayed in Norwich it turned out quite expensive. 😀

• Haha 4

Just let me know if you want any more!!!! No please no!!!!

Why was the sand wet? - Because the sea weed!

What's the worlds laziest fish? - The kipper!

Which sea creatures cry the most? - Whales!

Why did the fish cross the road? - It was the chicken's day off!

What is an eel's favorite dance? - The conger!

Why couldn't the clownfish afford a house? - Because he didn't have anemone!

Where do fish go to borrow money? - A loan shark!

What did the Sardine call the passing submarine? - A can of People!

Why are Sardines the stupidest fish ever? - They climb into tins - Close the Lid - And then leave the Key on the OUTSIDE!

Why is a fish easy to weigh? - Because it has its own scales!

Which fish is the most valuable? - A Goldfish!

Why are dolphins cleverer than humans? - Within 3 hours they can train a man to stand at the side of a pool and feed them fish!

Where do fish stay on a campsite? - In tentacles!

Where do fish put their rubbish? - In a Whaleie bin!

Where does seaweed look for jobs? - In the 'kelp wanted' adverts!

Where do fish go to watch movies? - At the dive-in!

Why do fish not like computers? - Because they are worried about getting caught in the Internet!

Where do baby fish go every morning? - To plaiceschool!

Where do fish go to complete their education? - Finishing school!

Where do you go to meet the best Fish? - It doesn't matter - any old plaice will do!

1 minute ago, Meantime said:

OK I'll take the bait, here's a couple more for you,

Which fish dresses the best? - The Swordfish - It always looks sharp!

What do you call a fish with no eyes? - Fsh!

Going slightly off topic:

What do you call a deer with no eyes ? - No idea ...

‘B.A’ through Wroxham bridge, J2 stern berthed just before hotel. J3 into NBD. 

J3, the fwd wc developed a fault causing the FW tank to empty via the fault into the bilge, which finished off the bilge pump and switch

Our personal engineer sorted out the lot - new wc, new pump and switch and a new compliment of batteries for good measure. All to the good once more

I’ve had a cracking time fishing, stax of roach, needing landing net on sweet corn. 
Here overnight 

Griff

• Like 1