Broad Ambition - Underway on the H2O

Onboard yesterday evening. Sailed this morning, stopped at ‘Griffs Corner’ on t Ant had brunch, did some bank clearing / cleaning.

Now at Thurne Dyke, only boat here. Purdey, Wizard and Bob gone off t Lion (No surprise there) me - deep cleaning & polishing exterior windows - All of em

Griff

A3643E76-E186-4CC6-B454-0EE3A87E6A94.jpeg

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, YnysMon said:

Wheres Griff’s corner?

Could be wrong but we recon John Crows Staithe. 

Griff you clean others mess up thankyou. Marge and myself always take other people's rubbish from wild moorings so that the place and animals don't have to suffer from lazy careless bad mannered humans. 

Kindest Regards Marge and Parge 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

I can report that the dinner in t Lion last night was first class. The staff were attentive, Purdey got lots of attention and treats (I didn’t). Good selection of real ales.

One small issue - £7:50 mooring fee - fine, but no mooring posts or rings evident. Have to use rhond anchors which are a trip hazard in what is normally a busy mooring in t dark. If one has to pay a fee, there should be at least posts or rings?

Griff

• Like 7

1 hour ago, BroadAmbition said:

Well that was proper funny. Approaching Ludham Bridge showing 7ft9”. I dropped mast, (windscreen and canopy left up), Bob & Wizard in wheelhouse and they both ducked!

Presently underway, nav lights on bound for Neatishead. Table booked in White Horse Pub

Griff

You should be okay at the White Horse.

We did leave some Missie Malt behind for you.

Must have just missed you.

• Like 1

On 25/11/2022 at 17:07, BroadAmbition said:

image.thumb.png.d592aea28d279476e6a95b3ccc2794d4.png

2DD848A2-03C6-472A-A362-3F5B5C6B838A.jpeg

03854785-9AEA-46CD-B278-9FCBD9148079.jpeg

Stopped for Sunday lunch here today, Hele had the Pork which was excellent I had the beef which was very chewy, no problem they changed it for half a chicken which was very good, a free coffee and a deduction on the bill. Sometimes things are not right but it’s how the staff deal with it that counts.  Well done to the Lion. 

A432E25A-5B4C-4A9A-A641-466E4049A18C.jpeg

• Like 2

16 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

Windscreen and canopy up 7ft7”

Everything down 6ft4”

Griff

As a matter of interest, on a hire boat, does the air draft relate to  this measurement being  canopy, windshield down,  or up?

I know.

Is the hirer aware of the difference? Does he know that there is a difference?

On many hire boats it simply states the height of the boat! 

I sometimes wonder that even with regard to private boats as to if they even know the difference.