C'est La Vie from City Boats

Broads01

I've just realised City Boats at Thorpe offer something very very unusual outside of Martham and one small corner of Loddon - a timber-built hire boat! (I know sailies have a few to choose from but not many for us motor cruiser types). C'est La Vie was built 1967 according to the boat database. There isn't a full history on the database but to me the boat looks like one of the Walklin Cruisers Firecrest class? From the look of the internal photos the interior has been looked after and updated very nicely. http://www.cityboats.co.uk/broads-holiday-cruisers-c_est_la_vie.html

• 1 year later...

Not just a lovely boat but a classic of her type. She dates back to when GRP hulls were a new idea, and the rest of the boat was built like a "real one".

The Elysian 37, with a deck and superstructure mould as well as the hull, came a year or two later.

In my opinion, Collins were building some of the best boats on the Broads in those days. If she is for hire, I would go for it!

• Like 2

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...
On 31/03/2019 at 22:12, Chas65 said:

I am currently the owner of B057 C'Est La Vie, she is presently moored on the Grand Union Canal where I have been doing some restoration work on her. We are planing on and hoping to return her to the broads in April 2019.

Tou have a very nice boat hope it's going well

• Like 1