Richardsons 2009

Dan

Interesting point regarding bookings shifting to Rio at the expence of other boats in the fleet, the same can be said about introducing a new boat, generally it is your existing customers who book the new one which means you have to fill the weeks left on the boats they would taken out. We dont often reintroduce boats but have done this year, Prisma will be back in the fleet and is on the websites, also we have two Elysian/Bounty 27s suitable for the fleet but we will start work on them after easter between other jobs and have then ready hopefully for July.

This year looks like it will be a no hire year for now and in the future.

I use to crew for "the old couple" and normally Gold Gem as it had good layout and flat floors.

This helped with walking about for the "olds" as he was 90 and her 86. ! I,m not much younger :liar

Unfortunatly tomorrow we will be at his funeral so I doubt if another trip will be on the cards.

They have always like Richardsons, the boats were not the most upto date, but always clean and tidy and only ever had one breakdown.

Clive, your staff, especially Brenda, were always plesent and very helpful as were your lads on the quay side.

The "olds" always praised them.

A lot to be said for that service.

I have been asked by Brenda (86) to thank you for a lot of years of cruising from your company.

Paul,

We are very sorry to hear of your sad loss of Ray.

Our thoughts go out ot Brenda and her Family.

If when things brighten up a bit you would like to take Brenda out on a boat for the day, give us a ring when we are not too busy and ask for Brenda and we will be happy to help.

• 7 months later...

I'm glad to hear such good reports of Richardsons, as we have booked Rio for our holiday in October next year. I was interested in the discussion as to whether discounting this particular boat would draw business away from other boats owned by the same company or whether it would attract new business. Well, we have had 5 broads holidays since 2000, none of them with Richardsons, although I've always been quite impressed with the fleet, (seen in passing on our way to stock up at Tescos). I have to admit that it was the price which drew me to it, initially, (previously I would never have looked at a forward drive cruiser, but unfortunately my husband's rheumatoid athritis makes a single level boat more practical now) but the layout of Rio also seems perfect for the two of us. Moreover, as the price is so low we have booked three weeks instead of our usual two, so it looks like a win-win situation for both ourselves and the company

kadensa,you wont go wrong with one of richos boats and rio looks like its been recently done up so i think you might really enjoy your holiday on it,boat yard service is spot on and the boats are always clean,as we moor our boat in richos yard we see the staff working really hard on turn round days and do well to sort out the boats with the size of the fleet they have

cheers

Andy

:Stinky

Rio is unbelievable value. Internally it is fairly basic, and the odd thing might be a bit more basic than the majority of their boats that are similar but bearing in mind the difference in price I think it is still very good value & good for the price. It still has warm air heating etc and all thing things you need to enjoy a great holiday. For two people on a three week hire it will probably be quite a spacious, ideal home! Have a fantastic time cheersbar

Dan

Rio is unbelievable value. Internally it is fairly basic, and the odd thing might be a bit more basic than the majority of their boats

Dan

We can cope with 'basic'. We hired Juliette from Martham Boats three years running and you couldn't get much more basic than that in a cruiser (the entrance to the shower is from the cockpit and the first time we hired her the only form of heating was a radiant gas fire in the saloon). Lovely boat though, but sadly not really practical for us now.

Nice to hear Rio will be getting a new engine, and since we're not hiring her until the end of the year, hopefully any teething problems will have been sorted out! (no offence, Clive, but experience over the years of having new mechanical bits fitted to various cars tells me there will always be one or two issues at first).