• Announcements

Welcome! New around here? Take a look at the New Members' Guide for some pointers.

Not a member yet? Sign up here and you can soon be chatting away with friends old and new..

Check out our Handy Information section if you're after something quickly!

• If you would like to support the forum, please consider visiting the forum shop, where you can purchase such items as NBN Burgees, Window Stickers, or even a custom Limited Edition Wooden Throttle Control Knob

Forum Shop

GeoffandWendy

North Walsham & Dilham Canal

Just a clarification from living locally, and being very in the know about this particular scenario.

If Luke Paterson had his way (this was a few years ago so he could have had a change of heart) would have gates across his section of the canal, restricting or stopping use entirely. 

Luke is also brother to Joe, who owns Anglian plant, so he could probably achieve what needs to be done for a lot less cost than perhaps it would other section owners. 

Don't get me wrong, Luke is a nice man however, I would strongly urge anyone looking to help the revival of the canal to look towards Laurie or the canal trust if they are looking to volunteer.

• Thanks 1

The Trust would truly welcome any volunteers. There is much to be done and tyhe more volunteers we have, the sooner it can all be done.

764178003_ScreenShot2018-12-18at08_28_23.thumb.png.a72f7e7726ba1047cbc72c3bdc22475f.png

• Thanks 3

We have a work party needed at Dilham Staithe Cut very soon. It being your part of the world, I wondered if anybody would like to join in? If so, please give Ivan a ring on 01328 862 435.

It's one of those things which has become urgent, what with plant growth from spring onwards and so many of us are tied up with Ebridge lock top gates installation that we are feeling just a teeny bit stretched.

Graham

50 minutes ago, GrahamP said:

We have a work party needed at Dilham Staithe Cut very soon. It being your part of the world, I wondered if anybody would like to join in? If so, please give Ivan a ring on 01328 862 435.

It's one of those things which has become urgent, what with plant growth from spring onwards and so many of us are tied up with Ebridge lock top gates installation that we are feeling just a teeny bit stretched.

Graham

Hi Graham,

We live 250 miles away in Dorset, but will be on Lightning from the 29th for one week, is it happening then?.

We have a work party needed at Dilham Staithe Cut very soon.

When is 'Very Soon' ?

Griff

That's why I asked to phone Ivan, because I don't know exactly. It is likely to be one Sunday. Maybe next maybe one of the two to follow. So sorry!

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, GrahamP said:

That's why I asked to phone Ivan, because I don't know exactly. It is likely to be one Sunday. Maybe next maybe one of the two to follow. So sorry!

No need to apollogise, we know you guys and girls a re very busy.

• Like 1