Replacement Landing Net

I have just replaced my Landing Net, which after ten years, was getting rather worse for wear. It cost me about £25 when I bought it.

Not wanting to pay too much for a replacement, I decided to go for this one from Amazon. It doesn't come with a bag or holdall, but I already have one anyway. It is equally if not better than my original and for the price, will take some beating. £9.99 with free postage

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00N8XEAUC?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

i hope it gets lots of use! We moan about the cost of living rising but really, when you look at most things they are nowhere near as expensive as they were ten, or especially twenty or so years ago. Sorting some old papers out the other day I came accross an old receipt dated 1984 from the motorcycle shop. It was for a replacement side panel on  my first motorbike, a Suzuki GP100U, U meaning special edition with Mag wheels and disc brakes. the price of this lump of plastic about the size of your hand, a little bigger maybe was 19.97. Today on ebay new similar panels for modern day Suzukis go from £12 for a "pattern" to £30 for an original.

of course, in 1984 there was no ebay, no amazon. The only option we had was the local bike shop or a string of phone calls to adds in the bike mags in the hopes you might find one a bit cheaper.

Now if those figures alone don't convince you in 1984 as a 17 year old I earned £35 a week, effectively the tax free allowance for a single man in those days. So this panel was half a weeks wages, In todays money, with minimum wage etc that equates to about £75 to todays 17 year old