Which Pub ... and when?

AdnamsGirl

Well that took all of 23 minutes!

Well done DG, it is indeed the Ferry Inn at Horning and the year was 1977 .... I thought the Silver Jubilee flags might give it away!! :naughty::clap

The news story was that the Ferry Inn were introducing a traditional British food menu in celebration of the Queens silver jubilee.

I'll try and find another one at some point!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Carol

Ah the clue about the name was a big help. I’d been scratching my head for a while over that one. As usual I was sure that I had been in !! It was quite a good real ale outlet if memory serves. It was a Whitbread pub I believe at one time, so probably would have been Lacons originally.

The year, I’m guessing could be a bit later than you might think, I’ll have a stab at 1994. I do remember walking to the pub, it was from Acle Bridge as I don’t think the Bridge sold any beer at the time. Had quite a ‘chintzy’ interior as I remember. Happy daze !!

cheersbar

Hi Howard

As you know I have to be a little approximate on the dates as the articles come from folders which span 2 or 3 years. On this one I have checked out the date of reopening with another source and it does concur with the date I suspected it to be! If it's wrong ... don't blame me!! :naughty:

It is not 1994 I'm afraid.