The Adventures of Orca

JawsOrca

Hi Iain, I do remember the chet being a bit smaller in places but it's still in my opinion the Ant of the south and a nice little journey shame it's been widened though :(;)

I must admit too, I used to be a fan of Reedham but it's easier to go past and "admire" from the river.  I remember the Nelson being the better pub, sadly the Landlord in the other pub (Swan?!) gets to me so I don't go in there :shocked . I know he's playing but I don't need it after a relaxing day out :) I do hope the Nelson quickly returns to the better pub sometime soon.. perhaps even a gastro pub :hardhat:  as again the Reedham Ferries, "Norfolk Marines" level of customer service means we go elsewhere too. The strange and somewhat illogical actions of the BA "harbour master" also puts me off although the last few times he reconised us and left me to it (I think he's gone now though?).. The place does need more villagey feel before I return of my own accord (my mum and dad like the other pub though so as long as they run the gauntlet of ordering drinks for me, I'm sure I'll stop one day this year!!).

I think you are right about Reedham bridge, we are about 8.6 high mast down and about 10feet mast up so as long we remember to lower the mast we should be OK! Somerleyton and St olaves are both a pain but it's good to get some use of the Radio and request for Somerleyton to open and avoid St Olaves lol (or have an excuse to visit the pub and let the tide go down!). 

cheers

• Like 1

Hi Alan,

Its "The Ship"  the other pub in Reedham. I personally for years climbed the hill to the "Top House"  pub. The real ales were always in good condition. and a weird walk back down in total darkness, bar the torch light.

cheers Iain.

• Like 2

Saturday 25th May.

I was rudely awoken by the sound of a starting engine at about 7am, peering through the curtains I was somewhat surprised to see all but one of the five or six hire boats had already departed. Although it was an early low tide at Yarmouth this morning so perhaps I shouldn’t had been so surprised and I can hardly moan as I’d done the same many times before as Loddon was always our first stop before heading north. Once in the land of the living we decided to take a wonder around Loddon and see if the shops were open.

Strolling up the hill most of the shops were firmly shut but the day before we found a little circle path up to the pyes mill so we decided to do that again in the hope the shops where open on our return. It was a nice stroll, although the sheep wasn’t quite so happy being woken up. Dave had noted that Orcas gas bottle was running low but we also noticed the DIY shop here had a “Colour gas sold here” sign. Thankfully they had stock and at a reasonable twenty something quid.  Before leaving we popped into the supermarket for the typical junk food and some cheese and bread for colour gas cheese on toast for lunch.

Engine on and with plenty of space around us we departed loddon for destination Norwich! The trip up the chet was as usual rather relaxing but the bends meant I couldn’t dose back to sleep (Yes I have daydreamed and ended up in the reeds before!).  Turning left up out the chet and upstream on the yare felt strange as we always really turned right and down towards Yarmouth but with the current behind us this morning it felt right!
Familiar sights were quickly passing us by. Albeit at the speed limit I hasten to add, the speed coming from Jessica’s old GPS chart plotter, which although allowed us to safely navigate the Medway estuary, is funnily pointless here on the broads as it typically showed us sailing through fields!, but it’s still nice to have the speed over ground so visible.  It’s reassuring to see that the landscape on this part of the broads has hardly changed in all the years  we’ve been here.

Rockland turn off was soon upon us, time to play with the gopro camera! Dave jumped up on the cabin roof and switched it on, Rockland broad looked magical a brisk wind resulting in little wavelets. I had struggled getting “Sweet Kingfisher” down to Rockland so I wanted to see how Orca would behave, it looked even narrower today despite the lack of moored boats and Orca’s lack of a upper helm but I managed it whilst ignoring Dave’s “Come to starboard” objections! The moorings were empty apart from one boat.  I have already learnt that Orca turns really well to Port with a bit of power so with a small group of watchers I turned Orca within her own length and headed back up towards the Yare.  Sadly the gopro overwrote this bit although it did capture the trip back up the channel and you can clearly see Orca doing her usual sailing boat impersonation and being blown all over the place in the strong crosswind.

The bright lights of Brundall quickly appeared and this view for us always has typically meant that we are going home, so it felt very strange to be simply passing through! For once I stuck to main river instead of the Surlingham broad shortcut but I wanted to admire the Henley of Norfolk! Brundall quickly vanished as we passed Surlingham Ferry Inn. I must admit we should stopped as it looked very welcoming although I could see lots of “Reserved mooring” signs so perhaps there wasn’t the space. I had planned on stopping at Woods End for lunch and beer but it was packed with Gym palace boats whom all had apparently moored here and hitch a cab into Norwich to watch the Radio 1 weekend festival.

We've only ever ventured this was four or five times before so this part of the river seemed a new adventure.  I gave dave the helm and jumped on the cabin roof with camera in hand and took a few pictures. Postwick bridge reminded me of a huge cathedral and the graffiti seemed somewhat fitting! As you will see below I took a few pictures of this stretch.

Tummies where starting to rumble and we noticed the only empty mooring on this part of the River at the commissioners cut, although it looked a tricky mooring as it was still surrounded by mini gym palaces.. and typically Orca didn’t want to play ball, attempting to reverse into the mooring with the current behind was too much for thumpers reduced idle and it quickly stalled just when I didn’t want it. Typically the moored boats proud owners were sitting beside their immaculate (but rather unused) boat enjoying the early summer sun. A quick turn of the key and thumper came back to life and Dave managed to jump of and tie Orca up quickly. I did very well at not swearing at the chef engineer but I think the look of panic on those proud boat owners faces kinda said everything.. Dave instantly said..”I’ll turn the idle up!”.

It was the perfect time for colour gas cheese on toast! Although Orca’s stove didn’t quite want to play ball either and the boat quickly filled up with smoke caused by dust on the top of the stove! It just added even more flavour! And it was a lovely lunch.. nothing better!

Thirty minutes later we slipped away from the moorings and I did a few test manoeuvres and Thumper seemed happier! A slight look back to those proud boat owners.. “It was the boat and not me!”

The first of Norwich’s bridges appeared and Dave once again jumped up and switched the gopro on as so we can capture Orca’s first trip into a big city. The trip into Norwich is rather special as again we don’t do as it’s not what we go to Norfolk for.. But  there were lots of people enjoying the warm day in the big city. Sadly no smell of mint sauce though. Thankfully an empty yacht station appeared and we were quickly moored.

It was far too busy in Norwich (and it was getting a bit late in the afternoon) to spend much time but I wanted to grab a Wherry and try the pub with fellow forum member Howard (NorfolkNog) had been to a few weeks back as I liked the look of it in his tale. Sadly wherry was off but it was nice to sit outside with a pint of Adnams ghost ship.

Back to the boat after just the one. I wanted to get as far back to Reedham as possible today as we wanted to catch Steve and Debs tomorrow. So we quickly headed off. We noticed another NBN boat at Brammerton (not sure who it was – Sorry  ) but I did a little blast on the horn and a wave was exchanged (I think I saw the boat name as “Swordfish” or similar).  We also spotter Jasper on Captain Dread sandwiched between those gym palaces a wave was exchanged! At Brundall another NBN burgee was spotted, I think this was Mark (psyhicsurveyor) on a topcraft another wave was exchanged. Cantley quickly approached, funny how the trip back is always quicker. Although the moorings looked full but with relief we spotted and one empty mooring right outside was spotted, Orca was span around and slotted in!

I helped another boat moor up as it was quickly apparent that there had just collected the boat as they hadn’t span around and moored against the tide, so it was a quick lesson in spring lines to ensure they don’t hit the boat in front.. I neglected to advise how to moor as they looked ready for the pub!

Table booked in the pub. When we first came to the broads this pub had a very bad atmosphere but a random visit a few years back showed huge improvement and I was looking forward to a meal! We started with whitebait which was really good and already warning signs were present..i.e the portion was erm “large” then the mains where brought out, I had scampi and chips and it was literally overflowing from the plate but very good but I couldn’t eat it all!! The pub seemed welcoming and the barman was very talkative so much so that we didn’t see the need to leave so we ordered more drinks and relaxed. We left the pub just before closing time! It’s very unlike us to stay this late in a pub (on a Saturday night) but the Reedcutters is very welcoming and friendly at a decent price. It’s certainly a real Norfolk proper Norfolk pub.. Highly recommended.

post-28066-0-05000700-1432837207_thumb.j

post-28066-0-41614800-1432837227_thumb.j

post-28066-0-89981100-1432837236_thumb.j

post-28066-0-31504400-1432837246_thumb.j

post-28066-0-10874300-1432837258_thumb.j

post-28066-0-90165800-1432837268_thumb.j

post-28066-0-67121900-1432837281_thumb.j

post-28066-0-28125100-1432837292_thumb.j

post-28066-0-74944700-1432837304_thumb.j

post-28066-0-72796800-1432837357_thumb.j

post-28066-0-13214300-1432837376_thumb.j

post-28066-0-27722600-1432837392_thumb.j

post-28066-0-86623300-1432837403_thumb.j

post-28066-0-65057300-1432837422_thumb.j

post-28066-0-53151500-1432837449_thumb.j

post-28066-0-41905600-1432837468_thumb.j

• Like 8

Sorry Alan, only just seen this and have to say absolutely stunning  :clap A couple of points if I may.....

That's the first time I've known zigzagging to be blamed on the wind, at least your mum and me admit we zigzag and don't blame it on anything  :naughty:

I really thought it looked quite warm in the video, don't you think Dave was a little over dressed  :naughty:

Seriously, thank you for that, loved it  :love

Grace

• Like 2

Lol glad you liked it Grace..  In reply;

- It's very surprising how she reacts to the wind, even a little gust and she's of doing her own thing! But it makes it interesting! But yup feel free to use that excuse.. it's probably on applicable to this planning hull though which isn't alot of hireboats though  :hardhat:;) 

- It was really nice that day.. I think I even took off my jumper for the first day this year.. I did have to cut the video short and Dave was wondering around with no bloody shoes on..  He works outdoors so I guess he's used to the weather :) 

On the top of this page theres a "Follow this post" click it then you won't miss anymore  :naughty:

I've got a couple more post coming although they take ages to compile.. I dunno how Robin does his! I'll try and put the next one up tonight.

cheers

• Like 1

Great pictures and video Alan, really enjoyed the write up.

i'm sure you know but just incase you don't, you can stop the gopro camera from overwriting the footage if you go into the settings ( a bit fiddly from the camera but if you get the phone app its great)

don't know what you have it set at but i use 720p @60fps and can get great quality footage (looks great on 48" tv) and get loads on a 64gb memory card.......I know it records at up to 4K but we'd be forever changing the cards

looking forward to the next update

Thanks David :)cheers

I actually have the Chinese "knocked off" version. Sjcam Sj4000 and I couldn't see the setting.. (Reminds me to google though)..I understood it shouldn't overwrite by default which was one reason I brought it and annoyingly it always showed as an hour space and still overwrote.. I can understand if it was full.. Worst case I'll just get a few more chips and back them up daily but I'll probably get bored of doing the videos soon anyway :)

cheers

Hi Alan,

Can't remember which Brinks boat Robin was on, but it had a planing hull and did the cha cha cha across the rivers in a crosswind. I have to say, that was one thing that surprised me about Broadway, even in those very strong to gale force winds, for a bathtub it stayed remarkably straight! So next time, rebuild a bathtub :hardhat: , well you WILL be older by then! :naughty:

cheers Iain.

• Like 1

Broadway probably has a decent keel Iain and all that posh stuff Clive puts on there probably helps make it super heavy.. and ignore the amount of whisky you probably had aboard adding further ballast too ;) (and scoots battery pack!)!

Me go near a bathtub boat.. pah.. no chance.. although we hired a shoe boat before (alpha skylark I think) and that was as far away from a proper looking boat as we got (although it was nice to sit on a proper sofa and look out the windows).  When I'm older it will be a really old wooden boat ;) (or maybe even Richardsons commodore ;) you never know lol

• Like 1

Sunday 24th May

Unusually for me I had a full night’s sleep and woke up naturally and full of energy at 7am! Not sure if it was the previous long day, or the full meal from last night, the friendly reception of the Reedcutters or the sheer peace and quiet of the mooring. But it was nice to have such sleep. It was also a glorious Norfolk almost summer morning, the canopy was opened up and I even wondered about (in my slippers (yeah classy)) and took some pictures. Seriously surprised with Cantley, I think it’s because we’ve never done such a stop so it felt new and such days on the broads is very special.

As the tide was flowing out and we were both wide awake (and thankfully no shops about) we started the engine and as quietly as possible, slipped our berth and drifted off.  Reedham ferry was soon upon us and to my absolute disgrace the ferryman ignored logic and common sense and when I was about 100m away from him, with a strong flood behind me, the idiot cast off. Now if I was on the south coast and it wasn’t so early in the morning he would have got all 160db of Orca’s airhorn, but with a tut and a mumble of words (and knowing I’m in Norfolk relaxing playing nicely) I quickly turned Orca around leaving the tailgating alpha craft to just miss the chains (Not quite sure how he missed but thankfully he did).  I’m sure there are readers that will disagree but I did consider the ferrymans manoeuvre to be incorrect (sadly the gopro wasn’t on) and potentially dangerous to both vessels.

Reedham looked very calming in the morning and we were quickly under the bridge.  I knew when we hit the new cut the tide would be coming towards us which it was but there wasn’t much alternative. This also meant that we caught up with the tailgating hireboat from the ferry and knowing they was going to stick to the rev gauge speed limit and knowing we couldn’t overtake I gave the helm to the first mate!

The first mate did well and didn’t hit anything and we was quickly (well eventually) mooring up in Somerleyton where we promised to catch up with Steve and Debs.

Dave quickly tried fixing a fuel leak which just won’t give up.. no joy so we wondered over to annoy Steve and debs. To Dave’s disgust (I guess) Steve quickly gloated how he managed to fix his leak! (Steve you can try Orca’s if you want!). We then noticed that LadyP’s exhaust meant that it was a bit hard to confirm if she was pumping water so Dave took half of it apart for them and confirmed it was pumping! (and now she’s a bit on the loud side!) Still talking with us we decided to do a little cruse in company and head off downstream, destination Beccles!

Steve had said that Lady P wasn’t the fastest of boat’s but we agreed to be kind and follow them.. grr .. to our surprise though Steve quickly got up to speed and we struggled to keep up. But it was nice to follow behind and cruise with them.

There were a few rag and stick boats about, as you may know we used to have a sailing boat so I still like the look of them so I took a few pictures and enjoyed the spectacle.. A lovely Norfolk broads feeling.  Sadly though one open dinghy crew (in my opinion) made a bit of a slip up and almost got wiped out by lady P. If you watch the video attached you will see. I could see he was going to tack as he was running out of water but I’m not sure he did so in the best position and/or stalled the tack which didn’t quite help that idea. Thankfully Steve was quick to respond and no contact was made, I think if it was Orca with her delayed and individual handling it may have been a bit different. But it’s all part of the fun of the broads.

We left Steve and Debs at the WRC as we were down to half a tank of dinosaur bone juice and full of something else. Unfortunately a boater had inconsiderately moored right in the middle of the service bay and it took an “Excuse us could you ever so kindly move forward a tad”. Topped up with only 25 litres of fuel (Pleasantly surprised with that we expected 40 litres!) and the tank emptied with only one £10 token. 

We were soon off upstream to Beccles. The river was quiet although a heavy rain shower and through the rain the sight of a group of sailing dinghies tacking in a complete “unhelpful” manner appeared! As you may know Orca at the moment is being “run in” so getting the idle low enough is at present, not really happening! It means I have 3.5mph or nothing! A bit of wind or current and she’s off doing what the current and wind chooses!  By probably the grace of god I managed to slow her down and get past two of the boats but the others put a roadblock in place and in the middle there was a full size sail boat. So sadly I had to engage a gear and kinda spoil the peace and throw the rulebook out (It was honestly that or someone would have ended up even wetter!), I had to focus on the large sailboat and get around that as that was going at some speed on this narrow section. Thankfully I did the best I could only passing close in front of a couple of the slow moving dinghies, Thankfully no wrist were shaken at me and I couldn’t hear any strong language so I think I got away with it! (Again I’m sure some readers will say, if the boats unsafe or not suitable for the broads it shouldn’t be here, but with all respect this is why it is here, on the reasonable quiet southern broads away from the majority of river users… 25 hours to go and we should get a stable idle).

Beccles appeared quickly and the sky was almost clear, thankfully it looked like we dodged most of the Rain. Beccles Yacht Station looked unusually busy.. So long for the quiet southern broads ideal! I tried putting Orca in the larger spot but for some reason (I don’t think I slowed her down quick enough or pesky prop walk) she choose to go the other side in the smaller spot but she slotted in without contact! Steve and Debs were on hand to help with the rope work.

So it was time for a beer with Steve and Debs! They hadn’t heard nor been to the Waveney house hotel so we suggested to try that. We grabbed a nice table beside the window overlooking the river and fields beyond.. Several Beers later we booked a table for even later and wondered back to scrub up for diner. Back up there a few hours later we got the same table. Dave wasn’t feeling well, not quite sure why but we believe it was motion sickness as Orca really is a bit light and moves around a lot so he passed on diner and headed back to the boat to get some sleep. It was a nice dinner with the three of us though and we stayed until just before the sunset (Lovely spot to watch the sun setting!), as Dave was fast asleep I jumped aboard LadyP and had another beer and more chatting! I’ve really not drunken this much in a long time! As it got late, I crawled back to Orca before showing Beccles Orca’s complex and flash LED lighting system, Well Steve and debs looked impressed at least.

post-28066-0-52645700-1432931570_thumb.j

post-28066-0-77724500-1432931583_thumb.j

post-28066-0-48452000-1432931593_thumb.j

post-28066-0-63742000-1432931601_thumb.j

post-28066-0-25644300-1432931614_thumb.j

post-28066-0-32554200-1432931622_thumb.j

post-28066-0-11491800-1432931630_thumb.j

post-28066-0-27899200-1432931641_thumb.j

post-28066-0-48931400-1432931654_thumb.j

post-28066-0-59587400-1432931666_thumb.j

post-28066-0-52694100-1432931675_thumb.j

post-28066-0-84229500-1432931685_thumb.j

post-28066-0-89497300-1432931697_thumb.j

• Like 7

Sunday 24th May.

Woken again but the usual of sound of starting engines, as holidaymakers make a quick dash for the next stop. (although we were one of the first to depart this time yesterday). Surprised to still see SteveandDebs here as they promised to wake us up at an ungodly hour as they wanted to be back home for early morning. But it was nice to have a quick chat another thanks for beers yesterday! My head was fine though so clearly we didn’t drink enough ;) They soon departed.

Once wide awake, although I find I never really wake up when up here, we wondered up the hill and into Beccles for a trip around QD’s and some further supplies from other local shops.  To be honest for today we didn’t want to do too much and wanted to get off the boat for a bit (don’t forget Dave wasn’t well last night) so we headed back to boat, waved good bye to a new friend on a sister ship to my parents boat (Greek name?!). We decided to make for Lowestoft for lunch. The run to Oulton broad was very relaxing, I probably day dreamed most of it and can’t remember much! As we approached Oulton broad it was gopro on and we had a steady cruise over to the yacht station. It quickly became apparent that a power boat race was scheduled as there was a mass of spectators, spectating at us motoring over at present! Turning the corner the yacht station looked full. I was about to turn around and give up and go over the wherry hotel but thankfully the harbour master was spotted and he pointed towards what I always thought was a private marina. So the pressure was seriously on, considering the amount of people watching and some expensive boats.  Thankfully and for some unknown reason she played nicely and simply reversed into the berth (Looking back now I’m starting to think she suffers badly from propwalk as this was opposite and she went in nicely), but good to know she can behave, I just need to understand fully why and how!

Once tided up I noticed we had moored beside a boat from Somerleyton, I also noticed that her port of registry was Rochester, the same as Orca. Obviously we starting chatting, and the chap basically said “Hello Alan”?! Cut a long story short, these guys had been in the same boat yard here in Kent where we firstly brought the boat and knew us all very well, Small world!

The power boat race quickly commenced and although we stopped for a few moments and watched, time was getting on and we wanted to get in Lowestoft to grab some lunch. There’s a very cool footpath into Lowestoft which leads right by down lake lothing, behind boatyards and the highlight for me the international boat building college, which one day I will go to! Sadly it was closed today and the gates firmly shut so I couldn’t even peak. I will build up the courage to ask to at least have a walk around.. It’s a shame the courses are so much money but as I say.. one day. Disappointed we marched into Lowestoft it only took about an hour. We headed straight for the fish and chip restaurant on the pier (not sure pier is the best word.. breakwater maybe but still). Sadly it was a bit noisy even in the pub section but the food was yummy and I had a glass of adnams. We had a quick walk around Lowestoft, sadly it’s ever deteriorating but still it’s a nice walk and nice to see the sea and at least grab some fish and chips.

We got to the boat early afternoon, the power boats were still wizzing around and again we stopped and caught the last few moments of the race. It was different and good to watch, one day we will watch the whole lot. We paid our mooring fee and engine on. we departed, I’m not one for staying in a populated spot but we decided to head off to the WRC which should be a bit quieter for the evening.

Pulling into the WRC it looked a bit busy and there really were only a couple of moorings as a few boats had moored side on. Orca span round with ease and we moored stern on.  There were lots people camping in tents and a few kids were running around. Despite noticing the odd strange stare (Although this is the first time on Orca and can’t say I noticed on my parents boat.. maybe it was just  me being stupid although even the boat beside us didn’t even say hello) but generally the atmosphere seemed friendly and holiday like so were more than happy to stay. Broadlander (or one off) was moored a few boats away from us and there were lots of positive comments, despite Orca and a new Sealand 40 flybridge stealing the limelight. I must admit this is the first time I’ve seen Broadlander and it did look very pretty indeed and if that’s the replacement for “Bathtubs” then the futures attractive.. slightly sad it’s not painted in a colour of the rainbow though.

We relaxed a bit on the boat and enjoyed the atmosphere before doing a light dinner (Calour gas cheese on toast! Yummy – if you’ve not try it.. do it!! Thankfully no smoke from the cooker this time!)  we wondering up the pub and spent a few hours watching some TV(They even gave us the remote!) and drunk cider and trawerboys.

• Like 6

This is such a smashing read Alan, it's a huge lift for those of us who cannot get out on the Rivers for the time being, the way you tell it I feel like I''m there with you, thank you once again for posting :clap Good to see Dave was wearing something on his feet lol

Grace :kiss

p.s How was your little cutie Silvester when you got home?

• Like 1

cheers Grace. Glad you are enjoying them and hope they aren't too boring.. I need to draft them up when we are up there as I'm forgetting things and forgetting to add atmosphere I guess :)  Lol yes It must have been cold that day as he was certainly a bit dressed up!

Silvester (Lol we never call him that his nickname also begins with S though) was ok thanks. He jumped up as soon I got to the boat and demanded a cuddle.. I think he had spent most of the weekend sunbathing on deck! cheers

• Like 4

Great to see you both enjoying Orca at last, you both deserve it after the work you've put in.

I've walked that path down to Lowestoft many times and always enjoyed it although I agree it's not the place it used to be.

We were there a couple of years ago and were a bit disappointed.

• Like 1

Thanks David :). We found a little path by a lake this year too (Just after the railway bridge).. it's not a bad walk .. I do love looking through the boat yard doors though! 

Glad you enjoyed John :) Looking forward to beer it needs to be local beers though I refuse to drink anything other lol (I can barely understand Litres lol... cheers!)

Here's the next and final one of this trip... Although the next trip is erm very soon lol

Tuesday 26th May

It was a calm and peaceful morning. Blue skys and a warm feel.. Typical last day. It was early but as we had planned to meet up from forumite  Frank (mowjo) we thought best to leave early. Engine on The first mate lifted the mudweight, coming to untie the stern lines and set off he screams “Engine Off” “We aren’t pumping water”The former first mate then had the audacity to say that the Captain should have checked and confirmed that the first mate who is also the chief engineer had done his job correctly and turned the seacocks back on after doing the checks.. Ladies and Gentleman as I’m sure you will appreciate the First mate has been demoted to Second Mate from immediate affect he may promoted back once he learns that the captain is responsible for nothing… 

Seacock's back on water was pumping well (and replacement impeller added to his shopping list) we departed right behind Broadlander.. (so much for peace and quiet).. The second mate said shall we go up towards Beccles for a bit to put some more hours on the engine. Upstream we turned, thankfully Broadlander turned and moored up on the services quay. Leaving us to a beautifully still and wonderful Waveney.

We headed up stream for about an hour before turning back and heading back to Somerleyton. Sadly others were awake and as usual a jet powered hireboat soon overtook at warpspeed 6!

Somerleyton bridge was closed but we head plenty of air draft so we went through and pulled into the marina. Orca’s depth alarms, of which I set as 3 feet, were going nuts but we made into her berth without to many problems.

Everything packed into the car we set off for Stalham.. trying to work out the quickest route we decided to make use of the Reedham ferry (No I didn’t ask him why he pulled out on us earlier in the week but it did spring to mind!). We eventually found our way to Stalham and caught up with Frank, who kindly gave us some fenders and we had a look on one of his boats.. All very nice! cheers Frank. I must admit we love the look of Broadsedge marina.. maybe one day!

And so that was the end of a nice five day trip, although we only managed 30 of the 50 hours we wanted but that plan was a bit optimistic.. The next trip is already planned and we will be back very very soon! 

post-28066-0-58620800-1433098766_thumb.j

post-28066-0-16098300-1433098789_thumb.j

• Like 6

:) yeah she's not brilliant wash wise, but it's a deep vee.. I just have to be aware of it.. It's obviously better with the current which I try and do all the time anyway :) 

Glad you enjoyed the read though ;)cheers

:) I'm a bit reluctant to add to much weight to it considering its hardly using any fuel and it would nice to get over breydon a bit quick lol But she needs a bit more I think we have some ballast in the garage and we will take some up next time. 

The chap certainly wouldn't be able to afford to take it back for what it's now worth lol and it's 110% not for sale not even for double what it's worth! ;)cheers

At Brundall another NBN burgee was spotted, I think this was Mark (psyhicsurveyor) on a topcraft another wave was exchanged.

Sorry Alan and Dave, didn't recognize Orca, was I sat on the roof scrubbing and polishing or collapsed on the side with a beer.

• Like 1