Riyadh Crew on Carousel 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ooooh nice boat in that case i hope i won't literally BUMP into you LOL i'll keep an eye out for you

There is a small gathering(get together) of members of a couple of Broads related facebook pages on the sunday 27th at Acle if you're interested in popping by for a natter and a couple of bevies with us (and rumour has it i'm doing a full english brekkie for everyone the following morning)

Yes we are still alive and kicking Eric and the Riyadh Crew. Got carried away in our garden and hadn't looked on the Holiday Tales.

You seemed to have had a great time out there and you certainly picked some decent weather. Really nice to read about your holiday and September will soon come round again. It is our turn next week, but we won't be posting anything while we are away, not taking the computer, so you will have to wait til we get back home, before you read our holiday report.. cheers  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:

• Like 2

Geez is it next week Geoff! Have a brilliant time.. I'm sure you will and the weather looks really good! Don't forget.. no rushing! Looking forward to your tale! cheers

That remark young Alan I have passed on to many many first timers. NO rushing, come into moor nice n gently, its a holiday not a race track. Do all manouvers within reason slowly also. No rush no crush, I was told many moons ago. :)

cheers Iain

• Like 4

The best advice I can give you Geoff, well Wendy actually, please tell her from me there is no shame in jumping up from the helm and running to the cabin when a sailie thingy appears, it's quite a common occurance and nothing to be ashamed of. If husband/boyfriend insists that you stay at the helm you must make sure you make his life a misery for the rest of the holiday or until at least he swears to you he will never make you do it again. :naughty:

Once you have been on a couple of Broads holidays and your confidence grows don't be fooled into thinking you know everything and book yourself a hen party Boat with several other girls, you will find that when a saily thingy appears all the other hens jump up and hide in the cabin leaving you to have a complete nervous breakdown :naughty:

Seriously, it really is the best holiday on the planet and I sincerely hope you both have a lovely time

Grace :kiss

• Like 7

I will probably be doing most of the helming, and Wendy will be doing the deck hand job of tying up the boat when we reach a mooring. But no doubt she will take the helm now and again, just to prove that she can steer a boat, just as good as she can drive the car.  :grin:. As long as she doesn't run into anything, :Stinky then it should all be plain sailing. :eek:  :lol:  

• Like 6