1 x burgee and 1 x flag pole

Those flags are designed to be hoisted, several can be toggled together, to go to the cross trees.

For your application, I might consider pushing out the toggle and using cable ties, but if you want to lower the flag daily or for each trip, leaving the flag staff in place, then what you have done looks fine.

• Like 1

Hi Steve

I've attatched the toggle to the top ring and shortened the bottom line by cutting the stitch that creates the loop then re-stitched the loop using a heavy waxed thread then coated the stitch in glue.

I then attached the new loop to the bottom ring. I've also put a couple of cable ties round the bottom.

I might remove the toggle as well (just got the flagpole this morning)

I'll try to get a picture later

David

I think we are meant to tie the top bit to another "rope" using by a bowline around the top timber bit (as so it can theoretically be hoisted and lowered) and the bottom line tie to the pole using a "Half Hitch Knot".. (although ours is just as you guys have done.. Plus I suspect the rings have been implemented now to make do as you've done!) Also don't forget the burgee should only be flown whilst the owner/skipper is on or nearby the boat (in the pub still applies).   (Also don't forget the ensign should only be flown as above although should be taken down at dusk and put back up in dawn)...

cheers

• Like 2

A word of warning to anyone trying to sleep near one of those poles, fasten the metal rings so they cannot rattle in the wind. I took ours down until I can work out a way. We sleep in the bow and on a windy night sleep was rare.

I fitted a short canopy bungie cord to ours which stops the rings from rattling but the pennant can make a racket on really windy nights so take it down at those times.