Broad Ambition - TLC Time Again

• 1 month later...

Tomorrow it begins.  I shall be arriving onboard hopefully early morning time.  Then I'm into removing soft furnishings throughout and as much other gear as I can find stowage in the drawers and ashore for.  Tomorrow night will be one of calm and relaxation on my todd onboard in the wet-shed.  Friday morning, slip and proceed to Horning.  By sometime Friday afternoon ;B.A'  will be in Southgates shed, I should have completed the pressure washing and the manual scrub down everywhere below the boot topping on the outside.  Then it's survey time, the whole hull, inside and out.

'B.A's workforce will commence arriving from Friday afternoon.  There are 30 items to attend to on our list, not all of them will even get started, but we will do as many as time / funds allow.  Of course we have no idea at this stage just how much work awaits us below the waterline.  I'll take plenty of photo's and do an update on my return, Robin no doubt being the smart ar5E he is will probably manage a few updates whilst he is there.  Being Horning I doubt I will have any signal with EE at all but do have a good signal whilst back at our lodgings

'B.A' is due back into the oggin no later than Monday 13th, then transit back to Stalham assuming we have not experienced a huge cold snap and froze the rivers up again

Griff

• Like 6

So we are out at Horning (Southgates) and have already had a productive day and have jet washed the hull and tomorrow will be surveyed when dry. Rudder removed to see to bearings and find curlews bearings are in need of replacements but grub screws have corroded so work to drill out these will be needed. 

Right nightmare in the 'engine room' where we need to look at the gearbox and have had to remove the linkage and find one U joint has play in it. You get the idea finding issues rather than actually sorting the things we knew about doing. Still, we will crack on and concentrate on these before we get into the more cosmetic projects.  

More as and when we can post. 

IMG_8959.JPG

• Like 6

Hi guys, sorry for not posting earlier. No signal in Horning and even if there was far too busy. However there is wifi ish in the Ferry Inn. BIG thanks to Trev for allowing us to use his boat in the evenings - ideal but goodness knows how to repay him. 'B.A' - work progressing but damp air and low temperatures are hindering us big time, no way will all our targets be met. There will be plenty of priority items to complete in the coming months.  We HAVE to be back in the water Monday ready or not. Robin has taken lots of photos and will update all when he gets home as will I. Btw the genuine item, Burmese Teak, 2 x planks about 6ft x 1" x 5" - price? £145:00 = big ouch!   We had six of us on her for the past few days, three tomorrow than two sat /sun then just me mon/tues.  I need another week  on her and a week off - no chance.  More to follow.   xx

Griff

• Like 6

Monday will be manic. No idea of launch time. Then once I get her to wet she'd I need to somehow colllect van from Horning. I can see it being Sunday before I'm fitting handrails and the like, we'll be sailing naked at this rate. Still got to fit prop shaft, coupling shaft, 2 x cutlass bearings, rudder assembly, fwd top hat, plumb block, shaft gland packing, multiple deck head linings, horn with pad, searchlight with pad, wire up both, sand down and prime new teak hull repairs, anti foul those bits, apply boot topping, helms chair foot corners, make/fit new teak windscreen landing pad, fit solar panel, vents, mast, dressing ply to well deck transom,  more varnish to a multitude of items.  

There, that's tomorrow mornings list sorted, then a clean up tomorrow afternoon if time permits. Plus to rub it in good and proper, the blue fender skipper is buggering of home earlier than planned tomorrow  Arrrgggh. Still, bro arrives tonight. We are now down to two crew members, hope he brings a lap dancer with him that can varnish and clean. Gracie - you free?

Oh the joys of being a boat owner and good with your hands eh?

Griff

• Like 5

just arrived home after 3 days hard graft - it took 2 days for the primer to dry, but we flatted back and got the gloss on today, got the wood plugs in the bottom sanded back today after having to put a heater on them to get the epoxy to cure, blow the snow, the temperatures have been the time killer.

Griff if a lap dancer arrived, you would attach 2 sanding pads to her bottom and have her dance on the cabin roof to sand it.

• Like 4

My my you have had your work cut out on her. Doing a cracking job there boys. I would of loved to of come up and given a hand. My arthritic hands would of caused more hassle. Saying that good for making tea tho. She will be a picture when she is completed and back in the water. Only one gripe tho. Robin why haven't you posted your pictures and video on the nbn site instead you've put it all on the nbb site. That's naughty and unloyal of you, or are you defecting to the other side. :naughty:

Good luck with the rest of it. Keep up the good work guys your doing a splendid job.

Robin has connectivity issues as do we all but will update this thread when he's home.  H's on his way now  Howard arrived last night and is on with shaft, all couplings and rudder. I'm on with making like a blue ar5ed fly on speed

JM - we could move a vehicle before sailing = sorted.

No signal shortly as will be back in Horning, just popped to Wroxham to drop off Robin and visit nearest and dearest - again

Griff

• Like 4