• Announcements

Welcome! New around here? Take a look at the New Members' Guide for some pointers.

Not a member yet? Sign up here and you can soon be chatting away with friends old and new..

Check out our Handy Information section if you're after something quickly!

Broad Ambition - TLC Time Again

You will have no doubt have seen those LED signs that display your speed on 'A' roads?

There is one up here near to Thorne just before a village 30mph zone. I once accelerated hard towards it on the mighty Tiger to see just what it's top reading was.  It read:-

'Impressive'

Griff

• Haha 1
  • Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Awoke Monday morning with the alarm after only 4 Hrs kip - I'm getting too old for this sort of carry on Upholstery - I knew that due to me altering the battens on the back of the uprights here a

We, that is 'B.A! and I are back in the wet shed. I should have been home This evening it will now be tomorrow evening. Still lots to do. Lots of thanks due to too many to mention here but big thanks

Charlie will fill you all in on the works that took place, generally speaking he spent the weekend on his knees - this made a change for him because this is usually only a weekday position he undertak

Posted Images

Guest Jayfire

Must be nice to know something has finally found you impressive in some way after all your years of trying Charlie :default_smiley-angelic002:

I received a speed awareness course for driving at 25mph in a 20 zone at 03:00hrs , no other cars or pedestrians to be seen , was on a road  which was only made a 20mph zone due to a school being there , 20 years ago it was a 40mph zone , 

• Sad 1

Being ignorant a few years back in my Vivaro work van, I was tootling along the road from Stalham towards Repps.  I was in a sixty zone, doing 56mph.  That cost me £100 and three points :default_smiley-angry047:

Griff

These are our onboard 'Sound Sausages'  they fit in the gap between the wheelhouse lower sides and cabin sides when they are lowered.  They stop engine noise coming up and more importantly crew members dropping items down the gap.  They have now been recovered to match the rest of the recently recovered upholstery and will be taken back onboard during my next visit

Griff

BA NBN 975.jpg

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

There’s no stopping this Skipper. 

At Richo’s basin, pinched one of their rowing dinghys and washed ‘B.A’s waterline. 

That leaves the clock to sort out at some point 

Griff

78D76A2D-D54E-4C2D-BED6-D45A55CD668E.jpeg

• Like 1

An issue came to light, the cranking starter battery was struggling to turn over the Beta and progressively getting worse.

So a quick trip to Boulters for a battery drop test.  Normally I would do this mysen with our own onboard drop tester, however we have lent it out and not got it back yet - Typical. Anyroadup at Boulters the battery passed the drop test - Bugger.

So there is another issue, it least it saved me forking out for a new battery.  The engineer stated it can often be the breaker casing resistance and a high amperage draw.  Well these items are as cheap as chips and available off the shelf.  So I changed it over, we will see in due course if this has done the trick

Griff

BA NBN 980.jpg

BA NBN 981.jpg

• Like 1

The onboard 'Ships' clock,  I changed the mechanism over, the new hands were tooooo long so I had to cut them down (The originals would not fit the new mechanism).  Also the centre spindle is longer so the protective round glass cover will no longer fit.  It looks terrible too although keeping time once more.

So we bite the damn bullet once more and purchase a new or good second hand quality brass ships clock.  So if anyone has, or knows, or spies a 6" suitable ships clock - I'm your man,

Thanks,

Griff

• Like 2
23 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

An issue came to light, the cranking starter battery was struggling to turn over the Beta and progressively getting worse.

So a quick trip to Boulters for a battery drop test.  Normally I would do this mysen with our own onboard drop tester, however we have lent it out and not got it back yet - Typical. Anyroadup at Boulters the battery passed the drop test - Bugger.

So there is another issue, it least it saved me forking out for a new battery.  The engineer stated it can often be the breaker casing resistance and a high amperage draw.  Well these items are as cheap as chips and available off the shelf.  So I changed it over, we will see in due course if this has done the trick

Griff

BA NBN 980.jpg

BA NBN 981.jpg

good to know ..... thanks for sharing.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

So, as per the norm and failing miserably to source a decent quality 6" ships clock in brass I lost patience wi mysen and have ordered a Weems and Plath 125 endurance clock.  Lifetime guarantee £106:00 inc the p&p and it should be with me tomorrow in time to take down and fit this weekend

Griff

image.png.eebe94d1336af6ca1c598a22c16e7ee6.png

• Like 4