Fair Admiral ?

Guest allaboard

Hi I will start a new topic on this one, can anyone tell me what the access at the back is like, they tell me steep !! We have to get a Boxer (dog) who is not as agile on and off ! Has any one hired this boat, what do you think ??

Thanks

We havent hired it, but we have seen it around when we have been staying in the apartments, and yes, the steps up the back are steep for a less agile dog, and although he might manage going up, coming down may be a bit of a problem if he was to slip, especially if you were underway with the obvious added danger from the prop if he was to fall in :)

We have got an elderly Boxer too, Sassy is about 9 (rescued dog) and generally they are not a long living breed :)

Maybe not as new and luxurious, but Countess may fit Mr Boxers needs better with easier stern access, and without the steep inner steps down to the lounge that some of the newer 8 berths have, including i think, Brinks Melody :)

Julz :wave

Hi there Riley is only 7 we had a Boxer before he lived untill he was 12 but at the age of 8 he started to get problems, he started actually when we down on the Broads his balance seemed to go Faircaft and Karena who was still there then where very good and got us to a vet ! He went through lots of tests down in Kettering MRI scans the lot, they thought it was a tumour but luckily it wasnt, and we never found out what it was ! But having Riley gave him a new lease of life, unfortunatley when we lost Bozley nearly 4 years ago now, Riley became like a lost soul and he realy missed him ! He has aged a lot more quickly and even though he was the runt of the litter he is a lot bigger than his brother ( my son has got him) I think it is his size really that makes me question his ability to get on and off the Admiral and he does not like water therefore he tends to walk on his nails, ( we are the boat that goes along with old towels laid all over the deck so the dog does not slip off !) We have to hold his collar whilst he gets on and off a lot of boats and even pick him up to get him on ! so in your opinion probably too steep for a less agile (lazy) dog then ?

Oops missed a bit.. we have had countess before actually many times we fancied dual steering, I am coming to the conclusion if we go from Faircraft it will be Emperor ( dont need all the berths though) we thought about Brinks Melody from Barnes ( another topic) but had posts saying the quality maybe not as good as Faircraft !! Have you hired Melody ?

I have sent you a PM Allaboard, I have not hired Melody, but know the fleet quite well, as Brinks were our regular yard for many years :)

The problem with many dual steering boats is they have at some location onboard them, quite steep steps, even down to the Brinks Royale which has a steep spiral down into the saloon from the helm, and a feature of many of their dual steer boats is a similar set down to the cabins and saloon :naughty:

I think you may be able to see this on some of their website pics ;)

Julz :wave

Thanks Jonny.. yes I now see what you mean!! Dog would be a nervous wreck at the end of the holiday !! We have hired Regal light from potter before and the dog was ok on that as it has a bathing platform entrance at the back.. he just cant go up on top deck, up the steep steps.. but then he is that lazy he would be asleep inside !! Thank you, you have all been most helpful !!

Yvonne

Hi Yvonne

Yes, you climb up onto the top and then there's some steep, possibly ladder type if I remember rightly, down into the saloon... sorry, but again not too doggy friendly unless you do a lot of lifting them about (we tend to with our ageing springer)

All the best

Dan

Just a thought.. if you really do want a dual steer, and also want low rear access (the two often not going together) what about looking at "True Freedom", or one of this style of craft - because assuming the layout is satisfactory this seems to meet the brief?

All the best

Dan

Yes !! for old posh knobs here !! No chance lifting my dog down stairs... wouldnt be any sort of holiday relaxing.. would it ! :roll::lol: True Freedom.. ? where is that one from ?

Thank you all ! posh knobs wants dual steering 3 double berthsand hire from the northern end as dont want to waste time in October going through Gt Yarmouth !! Dont want a lot really ;) Just my own boat !! :lol: