New TV aerial

Got the aerial today...opened the box...its going take more than 12 days....might open it again on tonight after a visit to ferry Inn to rehydrate.

I can "picture" it now to excuse the pun :naughty: ....Steve, having read how his good lady can carry out no end on chores, and medial tasks on his boat, will know doubt stand on the roof, just like the Statue of Liberty holding the ariel up with the instructions bellowed out from Steve of left a bit ...right a bit  :hardhat: My one question is, where does the magic sponge go? :naughty:

cheers Iain

Aerial now fitted and to my utter surprise and amazement and a few choice words its working perfectly.

It did come with a booster thing,cable and a easy to follow instruction manual which meant absolute nothing to me but it's on the roof and working besides instruction manuals are really there to wrap up the bits left over that you didn't fit in the first place.

magic sponges have been breeding it seems.... you go home and leave your boat for a few days and bam...They are at it like rabbits. ...open another cupboard and there they are...

Anyone looking for a good pole could try this place, I get all my stuff from them, the three piece pole is near the bottom of the page, nice and handy as you can store them away http://www.aerialsandtv.com/onlinepolesandbrackets.html I usually only have to use two sections but if the picture gets a bit iffy adding the third one usually cures it, I have the omni or what I call crown aerial and have no problems with mine, but my son in law did and couldn't get ITV, when I checked it I re-checked the cable conections, they all looked fine but I re-made them again and it cured the problem, I have found over the years that most problems are caused by bad conections at the plugs or using rubbish aerial cable, I now only ever use screened cable available from places like Maplins or the link above,

Frank,,,

Hi Frank,

You are spot on regarding co-axial cables. cheap n cheerful is not the way to go,  IF you wish good reception from your ariel. Some that are sold are of poor quality.

Remember the fine outer shield wire must NOT touch the inner core, or you will end up with a snowy picture.

I see thinner cables used on hire boats, that cable was originally designed for radio reception ariels.

The thicker cable is best all rounder if a bit dearer to buy.

cheers Iain.

Steve glad to see you actually use the destruction manuals , so many folk just don't understand how important these documents are!

Spare parts are a natural product of any engineering exercise and have to be disposed of responsibly

Just glad it works and I don't have to end up  looking  like an Ar$*  lol :)