webcam

Guest Jonny

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

while watching the horning webcam along came ex adventuring light my first love trying to moor her stern on at the sailing club for a solid 15 mins what a numpty :cry:cry:cry

Jonny

Unfair to criticise Jonny. Better safe than sorry for a (maybe) first timer.

I remember my first time with a 40' I was pants and I reckon you were to, along with lots of others :lol::lol:

the horning yacht club own her.... now hes moored bow first PMS

Jonny

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

looks like classic gem trying to get under after hours not a line the bridge pilot would have taken ... do people not ready the dash BOAT SHOULD BE TAKEN UNDER POTTERHEIGHAM & WROXHAM BRIDGE BY A PILOT ... i could get her under but its a hire craft so i have todo as im told :oops::cry::naughty::naughty:

174352-large.jpg

Jonny

wave :wave hi everybody, long time no see, seeing that picture is a little worrying, at the angle he's going at , but i don't think everybody needs a pilot to go through wroxham bridge, i think it's all down to common sense, & looking at the height level before going through the bridge,as alot of people have hired boats before so they know what to do & are usually sensible about it, although the people who hire ARE lucky to be able to have a pilot if they want one,we've just been on the broads with george smith at wroxham, & they told us that they did'nt have a contract with whoever runs that scheme,:ie. either the pilot or hoseasons/blakes, they told us that if we wanted to go under wroxham bridge, then we we're on our own, but to be careful,the boat was called sallyB with a height of was 6.10 , so we checked the bridge height which was only just under 7.ft ,as the water was a little high, so we slowly went under chains & there seemt plenty of room but actually going the through bridge we found we only had an inch spare but we were sensible & took it through slowly & got through ok, the people at the yard also told us that they were fed up people damaging their centre cockpit boat & it was in the shed being repaired again, as it had been damaged 4 times since they'd had it, so i guess it just goes to show that not everyone IS sensible, i don't know where you have been john ,but you don't get your damage waiver back anymore, that stopped years ago. :lol: but just to tell another bit of info, when you hire from them you don't get your fuel money back, it's all included in the price,with your damage waiver etc, & the only downside to hiring from them is that you have to take your own bedding, but on a good note, you don't have to take the boat back til 4.30 pm, so you get a lye in , nice :) as they hire by the day not night like hoseasons/blakes. lori cheersice slice

here is a pic of sallyB just to show you how high she is,post-937-136713909883_thumb.jpg

looks like classic gem trying to get under after hours not a line the bridge pilot would have taken ... do people not ready the dash BOAT SHOULD BE TAKEN UNDER POTTERHEIGHAM & WROXHAM BRIDGE BY A PILOT

Did they actually hit it Jonny or did they straighten up and recover it?

Taking a hireboat through Wroxham bridge without a pilot is blatant mischievousness! :naughty:

Dan

Did they actually hit it Jonny or did they straighten up and recover it?

Taking a hireboat through Wroxham bridge without a pilot is blatant mischievousness! :naughty:

Dan

Hi Dan

i think maybe he had ago & dint make it & turned around i cant see any damage but there might be that we cant see from the photo

Jonny

Just as a matter of interest, when was the pilot introduced at Wroxham Bridge? I don't remember using one when we hired in the 80's and 90's :?

i remember taking adventuring lights through many of times its a shame cause cant show off anymore :lol::lol:

Jonny

Just as a matter of interest, when was the pilot introduced at Wroxham Bridge? I don't remember using one when we hired in the 80's and 90's :?

I think it being compulsory at many yards is a fairly recent thing old boy.... though Wroxham Marine did run a pilot service for those who preferred for quite some years I think.

I quite enjoy going under... I was sorry to hear you bottled it on your recent bimble :lol:

Dan