I'm here.

Regulo

Thanks for all the welcomes.

Polly, Rene laughed 'til she had to run for the loo!

Iain, I must take exception to the idea that I'm MM's older brother - I was his "fag"  when we were at Eton. He could wield a nifty cane, I can tell you. He was the Flashman of his day.

Timbo, now that's a hairstyle I could wear! In fact I think that's one of my early publicity shots for "Romantic Ray and the Romancers", a group I formed in the 80's. Never got anywhere, even though we couldn't play a note. We were ahead of our time, we would have been perfect as a boy band of the 90's. Except none of us could dance, either. And we weren't pretty. 

• Like 1

I remember Ray & the Romancers. Didn't the band split up after that notorious fight at the Roxy when Boy George said that their german drummer Bash Klanger was wearing lifts and hit like a girl? I know that bass player Tudge Wangler went on to join the lineup of NBN Forum favourites Uncle Albert's Trousers. I have heard a rumour, perhaps forum members may be able to correct me on this, that Rhythm Guitarist Grenville-Walks Like A Duck-Scrimshaw; after joining The Wombles and a later television collaboration with Toyah as the left leg of Tinky Winky, was looking to reunite the band with the aim of entering Eurovision. Depending upon the outcome of the 2017 referendum of course.

I have to admit I sometimes dig out my VHS copy of their 1982 film biopic 'Vinyl Crap' and spend an hour or three reliving the glory days of bri-nylon y-fronts and hairspray. :band

• Like 5

No, no, no, Timbo, you're confusing us with "Seductive Steve and the Seducers". We split up when our bass player, No-Nuts Neville, was caught in a hotel room that he'd cleaned from top to bottom. The rest of the band couldn't take this act of rebellion and threw him out - of the window! Which was rather unfortunate, as we were on the ground floor. As you know Nev was a big guy, and he was none too pleased at being dumped on the pavement, so decided to return and remonstrate with Bopping Bill, our drummer, and Riffing Rob the lead guitarist. That wasn't a good idea, as Good-Time Greta, Bill's trans-gender groupie was in the bathroom applying his/her make-up. There followed the most enormous punch-up, resulting in all of my group ending up in hospital, charges being brought for affray, legal action from the hotel for the destruction of the ground floor and council charges for cleaning the blood off the street. We decided there was no future in the group and split up, vowing never to re-form. Tickets are on sale for this year's re-union. 

• Like 2

I think at Team Level, we shall have to consider an IDIOTS section similar to BOGs :naughty:

cheers Iain

There is already a place that the nation keeps its idiots...its called PARLIAMENT. 

But Iain...we are far more organised than you think...we idiots have our own burgee...and even our own motto which of course is Dico dico dico!

Joculator_zpsisqzujbt.png

• Like 3

Hi folks, this is Mrs Nog. Talking of 70's/80's bands, can anyone remember "Sheila and the Silly Cones"? The lead singer hit the headlines as she had a 'cosmetic' op on her threpennys to enlarge them to a mind blowing 36xx. Unfortunately, this meant that whenever they had a gig at a small venue there was very little room for the audience. She is, I'm told, available for hire as a bouncy castle.

• Like 3

I remember seeing Sheila and the Silly Cones playing support to Goth originators Dicky Ticker and the Heartbreakers at the Cheesemongers Arms in Grimethorpe on their Cholesterol Tour. Dicky Ticker, whose hair was long and black with matching fingernails, was just about to perform his electric ukulele solo in the middle eight of a cover of Madonna's 'Get Into The Groove' when his head became wedged between Sheila's ample amps.  A riot ensued when in a bid to avoid suffocation Dicky unfortunately  bit one of Sheila's bouncers causing Sheila to break wind and fly around the concert room. The bouncer received no serious injuries and went on to work the door at the Broads Haven in Potter Heigham before taking early retirement.

Of course the tour was cancelled pending health and safety enquiries which resulted in Dicky Ticker embarking on a solo career swearing never to play such large venues with crowds numbering in their three or four...s ever again. His next tour of Norfolk Phone Boxes, the £25 TV Tour,sadly fell on deaf ears with the release of the first mobile phones while Dicky was still in pre tour rehearsals. 

• Like 3

From Mrs Nog

If memory serves, Sheila and the Silly Cones was also support on the Dodgy Barnett and the Quiffcurlers Brylcream tour, which was a health hazard as the band members exuded more grease than a Perkins 4107 and if anyone tried to dance on the dance floor it was a bit like a roller Derby without the skates. Anyway, I digress. The band did rockabilly covers of classics like Patsy Cline's 'Crazy' and Tammy Wynette's 'Stand By Your Man', which was quite appropriate really, seeing as Dodgy Barnett was a cross dresser, favouring a nurses outfit on stage. In fact, he sometimes borrowed Sheila's clothing, but had to pad up his bra using the contents of several duvets. There was an unfortunate incident at the Wigmakers Hotel in Selby, when he accidentally dropped his fag down his bra, causing the padding to set alight. this was allegedly put out by a passed by who by mistake thought a keg of Fosters was water.

• Like 1