antigua engine

Cannot help except to say that a deltic or paxman valenta engine would attract me! (Obviously not suitable for a broads cruiser). What would be other people's dream engine?

Oh no contest, a Rolls Royce Merlin. Ok, a bit swift for a Broads Cruiser  :naughty:

cheers Iain

Hi Andy

I totally agree with the Skipper, we have also hired Major Gem 2 and cannot fault her in any way. I don't know anything about engines but I do know on this boat we did'nt have problems with engine noise at all. If a centre cockpit floats your Boat (pun intended) for the price you won't find better, excellent value for money in my opinion

Grace

• Like 1

thanks robin so i guess it will be just as quiet as madiera if not better, ive watched your blog on sunlit horizon it seems pretty good noise wise will major gem 2 and broadland mercury be similar noise wise they have both got new nanni engines in, i am considering them for next year . speaking of blogs what made you pick princess was it the good deal on the price for the days i did think you would have gone for melody or san remo but at the moment i would be happy with a rowing boat at the moment just to be on the water.

• Like 1

Its nice to have all the toys on board, and have a posh boat for a treat. But, with the exception of an Electric Mudweight, (all boats should have one) I am more than happy to hire the less expensive craft. :)

cheers Iain

I wanted to come up to the NBN meet - so was initially looking for a weekend break then found I could get time off in the week straight away on Richardson's website to see what was available for their 5 night breaks - out of the choices, Princess suited the best in terms of space and rear outside space - I believe it cost the same as the likes of San Carlos (Horizon 35) so there was no contest.