Chris Boardman Cine Film

I have made some changes to the way in which the Ludham Community Archive Group website displays videos. This change is necessary in anticipation of adding a lot more video over the coming weeks.

In particular, I have added some videos taken by the late Chris Boardman who lived at How Hill here in Ludham. Chris was interested in many things but sailing was his main hobby and the videos reflect this. One video shows his voyages on the yacht Erivale and another shows the 6m yacht Lalage in which Chris won a gold medal at the 1936 Olympic Games. There is footage from the games. There is also, by contrast, a video showing How Hill in the winter.

This is the link. http://www.ludhamarchive.org.uk/vidchris.htm

There is a lot more to come from Chris but it needs a lot of editing. He was very given to taking film of ducks which was clearly a big interest of his but gets a bit boring after a while.

I hope you like these and there are more to come.

Nigel

Ludham Community Archive Group

• Like 5

Unfair to ducks, Nigel! They themselves consider they are of the utmost interest; that is why they visit so regularly, occasionally board boats on the Bure and tap cheerfully on the hull in case we are missing them in the night. It has nothing to do with bread, although they take our offerings to humour us of course. :)

Liked the films BTW thanks.