Trivia - feel free to add to this thread

Poppy

Dr John Harvey Kellog is best known for the invention of the famous breakfast cereal, Corn Flakes, in 1878. Originally, he called this cereal Granula, which he later changed to Granola in 1881. However, due to patent rights, he had to once again change the name to Corn Flakes. Corn Flakes were invented as part of his health regimen to prevent masturbation. His belief was that bland foods, such as these, would decrease or prevent excitement and arousal.

Have you had your bowl today?

• Like 1

I know Iaian

On the shipnostalgia.com website there is a forum called stormy weather which you have to sign up to as it is totally non PC its quite amusing at times.

maybe we should look at something like that for the risque posts, not that I am trying to steer the forum into undesirable regions but it does give members the opportunity to post slightly more risque jokes and comments without offending those who dont sign up for it or junior members

Just A ball thrown into the air for comments

cheers

Ray

Carole wouldnt approve LOL

• Like 1

I know Iaian

On the shipnostalgia.com website there is a forum called stormy weather which you have to sign up to as it is totally non PC its quite amusing at times.

maybe we should look at something like that for the risque posts, not that I am trying to steer the forum into undesirable regions but it does give members the opportunity to post slightly more risque jokes and comments without offending those who dont sign up for it or junior members

Just A ball thrown into the air for comments

cheers

Ray

Carole wouldnt approve LOL

Hi Ray,

Carole is right :clap  I agree with her ! :naughty:

cheers

Well before Christian Louboutin (drool) was born, in Europe in the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries heels on shoes were always coloured red

Grace

Of course only one of the female gender would know that Gracie..... you and the wench would get on well dam shoes ............

• Like 1

For Charlie's wench

In the 10th Century, men who rode horses needed their boots to have heels in order to stay in their stirrups, (ever wonder why cowboy boots have heels?) Since owning horses was a sign of wealth, heels became a signifier of Aristocracy and high social standing, not gender.

So girls, check your macho mans wardrobe, he may be hiding some very nice heels  :naughty:

A well heeled wench, Grace  ;)

• Like 1

There are many less well known punctuation marks, (for those raised during the SMS era, punctuation is something added to text to make it easier to read, to add accentuation or assist prose)

my favourite has to be the "SarcMark", invented by Paul Sak to indicate a phrase or statement intedned to be sarcastic.

sarcmark-0021.jpg

• Like 1

I just know I'm going to get modded but...

You know when they artificially inseminate cows? Who actually, I mean who, who sorts out the bull?

Is it a little bloke with big hands wearing a mac and a sowester? And why do you never see members of his profession on quiz shows?

"Occupation?"

"Professional Bull W....."

Just always intrigued me...

• Like 3

Hi Tim,

Having worked on many Farms in Ayrshire, and at the Ayr Cattle Market that was,(I rewired it in 1971) I use to see the young vets carry out such things. So do I mod this or not? Its part of lifes wonders I guess. Will let you off with a slap on the wrist! :naughty:  :wave

cheers Iain.

• Like 1