Almost Fishing Time!

Oh I so can't wait for fishing time!!!

I can't believe we are going to back on the broads and waiting for fishing to start! One reason we were sold on Orca was the large out door bit with the hard top roof as a nice wind block but with it also stopping short means that the fishing poles aren't going to catch the roof and that area is large enough for the two (or even three) of us to "fish" without getting in the others way!

I never used to "like" fishing until about midway through our time on the broads and I'm not sure how I got into it. 

For me it's an extension of the relaxing part of being on the rivers. I have no idea whatsoever how to fish.. so what I do is get a beer, find a nice comfy spot on the boat.. yell for Dave to make the rod thing up (magic) (although it's then set for the rest of the year!).. Kinda do a half ass throw thing and the put the floaty thing some distance away from the boat.. kinda watch it (whilst really watching what other people are doing.. but whilst trying to act really cool as if I know what I am doing) and after about 15 mins kinda falling asleep or making sure I'm getting a decent suntan or wonder off and top up the beer which has magically reduced.

The only really annoying thing about fishing is when the rod catches something.. Although I normally leave it as manages to undo itself and swim away.. If it don't unhook themselves then I'm normally quick gloat how good I am at this lark..

Grace admit it.. it sounds so familiar ey?? 

Although I think this year I'll try and learn a bit more the gloating bit is quite fun..

(Steve - We need to do a shopping trip to lathams and you can help me buy stuff .. you up for that sometime soon?) 

• Like 3

Alan,

Do what I did as a 10 year old one summer. Buy a ball of string fit a sharp hook on the end of the string, add a bit of weight, throw it into Ayr Harbour at the splash point, catch a Whitting five minutes later...Simples. 

I might add, I have NOT fished since, Did not wish to spoil my 100% record!  :naughty:

cheers Iain.

• Like 4

Jaws, what a smashing post and made me smile :clap Yes some of it sounds familiar, especially the bits about beer/wine and suntans.......I don't mean to brag but I am quite a good fisherwoman, the men folk in my family can get quite frustrated when I'm catching regularly and they're not and yes I do gloat lol, but I don't take it seriously for me it's just a bit of fun and part of a Broads holiday, although we do fish a lot of local lakes at weekends. Good luck with it Alan, I imagine we are all going to hear about the really big one that got away, story of my life lol

Grace :kiss

p.s Fishing is also great if you're not catching (rarely happens for me :naughty:) for people watching (gongoozling) I like to think of it as looking out for peoples safety and not being nosy at all :liar

• Like 1

Just where does all these talents end with Gracie?  World champion fisherwoman, Fish2 Supreme gongoozling past and present winner, and last but by know means least, a Part Time Comedien Joke supplier. Ooops nearlly forgot.... Official Forum WINE taster, phew think I need a to go and have a wee sitty doon. its just too much for me today.  :yawn:

cheers Iain.

• Like 3

Getting back on topic..........

Coming back last evening around 20.00hrs, there

were people fishing off the back of a boat on

Wroxham Island. We also saw a single guy too

further back near Salhouse Broad.  two guns

there was also quite a few fishing in the centre of Norwich yesterday..... and one was even spinning!

Oh dear we dont fish

grumpy anglers when you do your best to,avoid their lines

Screaming and shouting at me

Sorry I Do my best but they hide in little corners waiting to catch you out

Nope sorry cant stand it sorry fisher folk best we sit in marina and drink copious g&ts until season over

cheers

Ray & Carole

• Like 1

Don't worry all as per my post I'm not really a good fisherman it's just an excuse to waste a few hours away! We've only done if on the broads away from people too.. But Steve up to learning and I'll try to follow what's being said! cheers

• Like 1