Bit advice please

On my many vists to the broads, I very rarely fish in the strong tidal areas e.g. Yarmouth, berney, reedham even stracey arms. Am I missing a trick here? I appreciate I would have to fish off the bottom with a weight or is it still too salty for them at these parts?

Thanks in advance for any replies/ tips.

On my many vists to the broads, I very rarely fish in the strong tidal areas e.g. Yarmouth, berney, reedham even stracey arms. Am I missing a trick here? I appreciate I would have to fish off the bottom with a weight or is it still too salty for them at these parts?

Thanks in advance for any replies/ tips.

I had a couple of nice mullet at Reedham about 2 years ago 3-4lb using sausage meat on a short gut paternoster close to the bank (1-2') away..  But then I was targeting them, as over the years had seen a few in that part of the river.

Closest I've fished on one of the main rivers is Cantley. 4oz feeder just to hold bottom. I was told to fish just before and the first couple of hours of the outgoing tide but not sure how much difference that really made. Had a couple of nice bream just fishing corn with the feeder full of brown crumb

cheers

Thanks folks , and keep them coming please.

I have fished with a swim feeder with ground bait and maggots at Acle with some success.

My fishing knowledge is quite limited but a lot of times at the broads a hook and a maggot will do the trick with just a bit common sense !!!

• Like 1