Broadshaven

Soundings

We all know the Broadshaven pub at Potter has closed yet again. I am however informed by a local that this time it might be terminal as the structure has been condemned! Can anyone categorically confirm or deny this? I agree the place is something of a dump and needs re-building but my fear is that if it is demolished housing of some description will probably take its place. I cannot see another pub being built in this pub hostile business climate.  

Quite possible I would imagine. It's owned by Punch and I wouldn't put it past them to use this as an excuse to close the pub and sell it off. Imagine what a prime riverside site like that would be worth :-o

Oh Howard how true. A rebuilt smaller version of the old Bridge Inn would be ideal IMHO.

cheers Iain.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The staff wanted notice has the number of the Thurne Lion.  So is Sid taking over the Broadshaven, or does Sid want staff at the Thurne Lion?  Puzzle indeed. :?

If Sid does take over then I suppose we can expect a vast plethora of notices telling us what we can't do!

I think it is unlikely that Sid would be taking this over. 

Due to see him later, so I might well ask.

We'll be very interested to hear the result of that conversation, Andy.

I spent a pleasant enough hour or two in there last September. Definitely how it's described in TripAdvisor!

Reviewed 10 June 2015

This property has had a change of hands and refurb but it it still pretty much like a working mans pub.

Sid says that the Broadshaven will (should, paperwork not fully signed yet) be operated under his management for ten weeks over the summer.

If it works out, then he may take on the lease.

I will be good to see this pub open again, even if it's only for Summer.

If paperwork, etc. permits, it will reopen on Friday 24th July.

• Like 1

I have just seen on Facebook that Did from the Thurne Lion and a friend of his are intending to re-open the Broads Haven on the 25th of this month. Will look forward to visiting soon and best of luck to them x

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using Tapatalk

Edited by Hockham Admiral
Topic Merged

• 3 weeks later...

Well, the 25th came and went.  Broadshaven still closed.  Gossip has it that the original plan to re-open just for the rest of the summer has been scuppered by the pubco offering a long lease to someone wishing to take it over longer term. 

I beleive that Punch just dilly-dallied about, missing deadlines to get things done and allow the doors to be opened, erroding the possibilty of making the place pay. I am unaware of a longer lease being offered to anyone, but I haven't spoken to Sid in the last seven days.