Broadshaven

Soundings

£1,095,000 for the Broadshaven?  JM, you have to be kidding!  Makes the Fish and Chip shop look cheap.

Seriously, though, JM.  Your idea has, in fact,, been considered, you may not be surprised to learn. Personally, I would rather our very strong riverbank community invest in the opposite bank.  I regret, however, that, in holiday destinations, pubs that are just pubs are heading for extinction.  Both sites are screaming out for some creative thinking.  

£1,095,000 for the Broadshaven?  JM, you have to be kidding!  Makes the Fish and Chip shop look cheap.

Seriously, though, JM.  Your idea has, in fact,, been considered, you may not be surprised to learn. Personally, I would rather our very strong riverbank community invest in the opposite bank.  I regret, however, that, in holiday destinations, pubs that are just pubs are heading for extinction.  Both sites are screaming out for some creative thinking.  

I was reckoning on the forty or so that are let out, forty is about right, isn't it?

Creative thinking has been put to Punch on this one - Punch won't invest in it. 

With the right thinking, planning dept massaging and investment, the Broads Haven site could be turned into a valuable asset for Broadland that could likely recoup it's cost in very little time. 

• Like 1

I seem to recall reading somewhere that Punch wouldn't sell it either. Yet they are keen enough to flog off pubs to the likes of Tesco, McDonald's and the Co-op.  Dog in the manger springs to mind?

Just "suits", Howard.

The type who are only interested in the bottom line and couldn't organise the proverbial even if they owned a brewery!  two guns

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

I've been trying to  triangulate  info about the Broadshaven from various sources and the story seems pretty consistent that it's not going to be a pub any more and most likely flats. It's very much closed. I also heard the tea rooms are to start selling alcohol so maybe spotting a gap in the market. 

• 2 months later...

Well, in another twist, I see that the Broadshaven is being advertised yet again via Fleurets.

It is the lease being advertised so I'm guessing its still in the hands of Punch Taverns. There were strong rumours locally it had been sold, so if this was the case, it may have fallen through. We may never know.

Any takers??

Forgot to add, they are advertising the lease of the Bell at Salhouse as well although I think that's Enterprise. All tarred with the same brush two guns

• Like 1

As Howard says, please keep us informed, if you can run a pretty successful little pub like the White Horse, you get my vote cheers I really think Potter would benefit from a proper nice pub with real ales (and Stella, eh Howard? :naughty:) and proper pub grub, what with a good old rummage at Lathams, I'd be there for the duration of my holiday lol

Grace

• Like 3

Get a hold of the original Bridge Inn architect drawings, and rebuild a mock up with modern materials by computer built. (KIT BUILT) That was a pub with character, one of my all time favourites sitting outside next to the bridge. Happy days. Just knock down the Broadshaven and put the new build there in its place. Now, all that is required are the six numbers to come up !:naughty:

cheersIain

• Like 1