who will allow them to hire ?

Guest broadsbean

My 19 year old daughter and 20 year old boyfriend are talking about comeing to the broads on holiday in sept together, just the 2 of them.

She has been several times before with us so has general idea of whats what, her boyfriend would be brand new to the broads.

She is very keen to show him what she considers the best ever holiday!!!!!!

will the hire company's hire to them? they apprieciate they may need security deposits.

hopefully some of you will know :grin:

cheers mandy cheers

should be ok,me an the other half came on the broads when we were young,me 22,she 19 and royals hired royal jewel out to us in 1994 mind you i were driving my own 38 ton articulated truck then,but the boat yards should be fine

cheers

andy

Hi Mandy

When I was a young anklebiter many yards wouldnt touch us until 21 or 25.... so we headed to Richardsons who welcomed us. Funnily enough as the grey hairs increase they're the yard that is still getting my money as I still remember those yards who turned us away

All the best

Dan

I took my first boat out for a week with my mates when I was 14 but I didnt pay for it :naughty:;)

Just let the booking staff know (unless you book on line) and they will confirm.

I will check tomorrow but dont see there being a problem.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Tony&Caz

In 1971 my mate and i booked Coral Tracy from Coral Craft in Brundal, we were both only 15 years old and my father had to write to the boatyard to confirm that we could handle the boat. two weeks afloat and the best holiday in the world. cheersbar

Hi,

Sorry, I forgot to reply to this, there is no reason why we could or would want to stop anyone over 18 taking one of our boats out. (as long as they proved themselves as able to control the vessel)

cheerscheersbarcheers

thanks for that clive, i have passed it on to her

we shall be at good old ricos yard on sat picking up our boat and setting off on our hols :party2::party2::party2::party2::party2:

:Stinky mandy :Stinky