my 65th birthday and 46th year on the broads 2016

Dear members I am looking to hire a top class boat  that sleeps 2/3 for my 65th birthday one criteria is must be able to get into Beccles .My missus Angela is not keen on boating but will if the boat has all luxury amenities she will forsake a hotel.Brooms come to mind but I do have a budget any ideas ,? cheers

• Like 1

We are also thinking about the Broom Captain possibly for a short break next year sometime. It does rather depend on your budget and whether you want to cross Breydon Water. The options for hiring smaller boats on the southern rivers next year will be more limited at the luxury end of the scale without Swancraft. 

Personally, we would go for a bath tub type of Boat, as Iain said Broadway and Broadlander pretty posh and with all mod cons but pricey. If you are looking at lower end of budget, Star Gem, Symphony and Tropical Gem, although older Boats the refurbs on them are superb and I think exceptional value for money, good luck with your search, let us know what you go for.

Forty six years on the Broads, I take it you quite like it then? lol

Grace

• Like 3

And my suggestion is....

http://www.silverlinemarine.co.uk/hirefleet/Serenity.htm

You weren't expecting that, were you :naughty::naughty:. Colin showed us round before she was completely finished, and we were suitably impressed.

And don't forget Commodore or Carousel / Broadsman from Ricko's

Serenity is the sister to and exactly the same as Silver Elegance that we had in April.

Lovely boat..... The only fault was we had to hand it back at the end of the week

• Like 4

I agree that Silver Elegance and Silver Serenity look like lovely boats but the problem is whether you really want a 44ft boat just for 2 or 3 people. 

If happy to cross Breydon Water, and wanting luxury for 2 or 3 people, I would of course recommend Swancraft's current fleet but hired out of Richardson's next year. You can book them now via Hoseason's but not sure if they are on Richardson's own site yet. :)

Not sure if it's still in hire but Swift from Alpha Craft, Brundall is a fantastic Boat for two and a Centre Cockpit, we looked round her when looking to hire a few years ago but opted for another Boat instead, still would like to get her out of my system. I will stand corrected if I'm wrong but I don't think there are many two berth Centre Cockpits for hire, Richardsons take note lol

Grace

• Like 1

You're probably right there Grace. Fair Prince is a 2 berth centre cockpit from Faircraft Loynes or Norfolk Broads Direct or whatever name they want to call themselves by ... I'm never quite sure. I think it's an Alpha 35 boat but instead of putting a second cabin under the bow, it's used for a separate seating area for having meals, which I really liked.

Jean.

• Like 1

Hi Jean

We have hired the big family Centre Cockpits in the past but never a two berth, definitely on my bucket list though, I love these style of Boats for all round views and open air crusing you just can't beat them in my opinion, going to have a look at Fair Prince now, you never know, maybe I can sell the kids lol :naughty:

Grace

• Like 1