To all Newbies (Private & Hire)

Gracie

On 19 July 2015 at 9:18 AM, ranworthbreeze said:

Hi Jean,

I don't have a problem regarding which side of the road I should be on. The main problem I have always had since our first boating holiday in 1974 is coping with the increase in speed on the journey home and the slight motion sickness problems that most of us get for having time on the water. The feeling that you are still rocking with the boat only lasts a couple of days and is a reminder that you actually did spend some time on the water.

Regards

Alan

Hi Alan we call it boat wobble

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Great posting Grace and so very true, we were there for a week on august bank holiday and I saw some horrendous things being done by the hire boats, namely speeding, but that said an awful lot of private boats were as guilty if the truth be known.

I tend to moor off the beaten track and lunatics rushing past at full throttle really wind me up, whats the rush - you are on holiday for goodness sake! As for day hire boats - dont get me started, I do wish the hire yards would emphasise that speed limits are in force and as such are there for a reason!

Agree with what a lot of posters have said, a little friendly help to newbies mooring for the first time, particularly when windy, often goes a long way and done the right way dont half cement friendships.

I love getting stuck behind sailing boats or heading towards one when they are tacking into the wind, they are so elegant and I really admire the skill and patience involved to handle on of these vessels.

just my tuppenceworth.

ttfn

trev

• Like 6

• 7 months later...

Thank you Gracie, it backs up what I have experienced. Most people are only too willing to help.

My favourite saying is "If you are not part of the solution then you are part of the problem!" You are clearly a solution person Gracie

• Like 3