Crystal Light - Herbert Woods

Hi Arnie and welcome to the NBN friendly forum :wave

With regards to Crystal Light, just had a peek on the HW web site, and notice it is a "sports cruiser". Like all boats, you will need to unpack and put the cases back in the car, space does look a bit limited in the pics. But always hard to judge till you are on the boat proper. 

Boating holidays are for relaxing and for me, not dressing up, more the opposite, dressing down. Have a great time, take things slowly, especially when mooring up. Hopefully, we will read a holiday tale from you later. 

I am sure others will be along shortly with their thoughts.

cheers Iain.

• Like 2

Hello Arniethehead,

Welcome to the NBN forum from Tan & myself.

Please see the link to Herbert Woods site:-

http://www.herbertwoods.co.uk/boating-holidays/our-boats/crystal-light.html

Looking at the layout the only issue I can see is the height (or lack of it, sitting room only) in the bedrooms.

I would take your luggage in holdalls or rucksacks. We use the Morrisons reuseable bags ourselves, they are better to fit into the boot or onto our back seat.

Please report back to us how you found the boat.
Don't forget to enjoy your holiday but take it easy and be safe.
  • Like 2

Iain/Alan,

Thanks very much for your advice and good wishes. Lookign forward t ohear from other and hopefully someone who has been on Crystal Light before. Very m,uch looking forward to having a week on the boat and will try my best to do a report afterwards.

Thanks again

Andrew

• Like 2

Hi Arnie

A very warm welcome aboard from me :wave

Can't help you with the Boat I'm afraid, we use the big laundry bags, we can unpack underway (musn't waste a moment) and then just fold the bags away in a drawer. As it's your first time on the Broads I will tell you that it is the most relaxing holiday you could ever wish for, the scenery magical and most Boating people pretty damn nice, try wild mooring or mudweighting on a Broad and you'll know exactly what I mean

Have a lovely time

Grace

• Like 2

Hi Grace,

Thank you for that, sounds like good advice. I am so looking forward to my week and hoping it will be as relaxed as people say it is. Would certainly like to do some wild mooring as I love peace and quiet and would like to be out of the way of other boats/people.

Thanks again.

Andrew :)

• Like 1

You are welcome, I just assumed your name was Arnie, apologies Andrew......we tend to moor at a pub for a cooked lunch and then a snack on board in the evening, where you can find a place and be as isolated as you like, I find that way you get a little bit of both worlds, a bit more advice, make sure you have lot's of wine/beer on Board, sit out on deck with a glass and watch a Broads sunset, unbeatable

Grace

This is a sports type cruiser, sister ship to Camero from Sabena Marine which we hired a few years ago. They are lovely boats and easy to handle but as others have said they are quite compact so space is a bit limited. The advice about using folding type bags is sound too. Have a good one! cheersbar

• Like 1

Hi Andrew,

Being as this is your first time hiring on the Broads have you checked out the instruction video's on the Richardson's website.

Links to these can be found on our information pages.

Have a look at this link and curser down to the Richardson's video's and click on the links to choose from.

http://www.thenorfolkbroads.net/forum/forum/7-visiting-the-broads/

Regards

Alan

Welcome to the forum,all the advice from the above is good,I would just add take a selection of cloths and being a good English summer take waterproofs. As my friends said take lightweight bags,when unpacked return your bags to the car.Easy for me to say we tend to cook on board for one day and eat out the following day.(I am a chef)there are many good pubs along the way,many with mooring,if you can call into the New Inn Horning and say hello to The.Tip book tables at pubs in advance and mooring.Wild moorings are good,but check how deep the water is,and keep an eye out for tide and current. Most of all enjoy yourself.

Happy boating Ian

• Like 1

Alan, thanks for the links, the Richardson's video is very informative. I need all the help i can get! Ian thanks you for your advice, all now in my notes to take with me next week. Jean I will report back on my return and let you know how the boat was. So pleased I logged onto this forum, you have all been very kind and helpful!

Regards

Andrew

• Like 4

Evening - defo shopping bags or bin bags for clothes as easy to put away. Fridges on boats aren't that big so a soft freezer bag useful for initial fridge overflow plus you can re freeze the freezer pack in the fridge. Frozen milk also useful as it will also keep a freezer bag cool & great for wine and beer. Can easily be stuffed under a table. Enjoy and sure you will have a great time!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks once again Ian, I thought mozzies would be a problem so will purchase your suggestions. Poggymale thanks for more great tips, can't believe how good you lot are, very much appreciated. I am a bloke who has had his fill of foreign holidays where you have to get on a plane, over the years have developed a real fear of it and just completely ruins my holiday. I am hoping that i get hooked by the broads and will want to go back year after year!

Andrew

• Like 4

Andrew there is every chance that you will indeed be hooked. We don't feel inclined either to want to go abroad these days. Went on a boating holiday for the first time in a long time back in 2012 and have been twice a year every year since then. :)

• Like 2

I have already been thinking I might want to go back again in October when I have a week off if we enjoy it. Seems like I will from what everyone is saying!

cheers

Nice time of year on the rivers. Less busy too. Only downside if you can call it that, is daylight hours for cruising.

cheers Iain..