Upgrade / New look. How to Questions? Bug? Post here :)

It does on my Samsung Galaxy Tab A, Lou..

You have to turn the tablet 90 degrees to landscape view and then"New Content" comes into sight at the top RHS

Mines a samsung galaxy tab 7 inch ...... still no "new content" in landscape. Just to confirm I'm not signed in.

The only thing left for me is that I browse the forum on my android tablet without signing in.

It doesn't give the option to view new posts like it used to.

This makes casual browsing of the forum far from casual.

Sadly Smellyoo the answer to this one is a bit technical and by design... Erm.. it needs you to log in so it knows whats new and what you've not looked at before :(  Once you log in though it should remember you have logged in so you don't need to again :)

Sadly Smellyoo the answer to this one is a bit technical and by design... Erm.. it needs you to log in so it knows whats new and what you've not looked at before :(  Once you log in though it should remember you have logged in so you don't need to again :)

No, signed in, "new content " appears ..... signed out the no "new content".

I know it previously worked OK as I have a really tricky password, a jumble of 20 upper, lower, numerical digits, which I definately have never attempted to type in to my tablet.

No, signed in, "new content " appears ..... signed out the no "new content".

I know it previously worked OK as I have a really tricky password, a jumble of 20 upper, lower, numerical digits, which I definately have never attempted to type in to my tablet.

Sorry. "New Content" will only appear when you are logged in. 

With the new layout I seem to have lost my friends, have that transferred over or is there another reason?

Ian

Yup it seems like they have removed the "Friends" function with the "Follow" function and these wasn't migrated over. You can follow people though by clicking the "Follow" button on the members profile (So click on their picture on any post).

Although by following people it means you will get an email each time they post.. so it's probably not a good idea to follow big posters like me lol..

(Glad you got this far though Dad ;) )

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

You can reset this to the default (or outright disallow it) on a per-site basis by right-clicking somewhere in a blank spot of the site (or pressing Ctrl-I on Windows or Cmd-I on Mac) and then selecting "View Page Info" from the opening menu.

This opens a window - click the  "Permissions" tab.

Scroll down to the very bottom until you see "Show Notifications" as the third-to-last entry. Either reset that to the default, or just select "Block".

This is to do with Firefox not the site - or rather the site working alongside Firefox to keep you notified through the browser on new content on the site.

See the photo below of what to click on.. :)

Notify.jpg.b919cc8959affb1b95e0aa5ab1e2e

• Like 1

• oldgregg unpinned and unfeatured this topic