A Brilliant holiday

Polly

We are just coming to the end of a fortnight afloat, and it has been such a good holiday. We have had friends and family aboard at various points, lots of good sailing. I don't do holiday tales as such but these are a few highlights:

teaching Phill's brother to sail.

old friends who know a boat when they see one, were knocked out by how lovely Brilliant is, ( felt like a proud parent!!) we had a great day out sailing with them and a very leisurely BBQ at Salhouse, one of several.

a return to Ranworth, which we did a couple of times, each time bumping into old acquaintances from our time mooring there, most enjoyable.

we had a couple of nights moored at The New Inn and found the welcome and the food excellent,

I hand fed the swans on Black Horse Broad, then later was relaxing with a foot on deck; the swan pecked my toe, then hissed because, presumably, he didn't like the taste.:)

we spent a happy morning pruning the ****** willow tree in our dyke, Phill on the bow of a small motor cruiser with a lopper, controlled by a neighbour wielding our quant pole;  cuttings raining down on my head in the Whimp where I and a lovely redoubtable 80 something lady were on collection duty. We got two dinghy loads and had a merry time of it.

the new main sheet blocks work a treat and look awesome, well done Warp! 

our rule of thumb Pythagoras calculations of the new mainsheet turned out to be spot on, when I collected it from Norfolk Marine, they said 'This seems like a very long mainsheet.' and I replied that we had a very long boom

Edited by Polly
  • Like 4

I said this with fingers crossed that we hadn't spent a fortune on more string than required. In fact it was just right, so hooray for geometry!! :)

We are planning to see Richard and Sally's Bob Evening tonight at Thorpe and aim to drive over to Beccles tomorrow to see the guys, this will round off a lovely holiday in which Brilliant has performed impeccably.

Edited by Polly
  • Like 3