Ready Meals

RayandCarole

OK, now I dooooo need to ask a serious question, even though I've been laughing my backside off with some of your comments.

Can anyone remember (possibly for sale in Roys supermarket in Wroxham, but elsewhere too) a series of pouch meals made so you can either microwave them or boil them in the bag? We can remember buying a beef in red wine one, there was a lamb one, a chicken one, but we've never seen them again. Believe me, when we needed something to "tempt a jaded palate" they would have been excellent 

Help? Advice? Xx

On 16/12/2018 at 14:03, Pumpmedic said:

Chicken in white wine sauce out of a tin, add veg such as tinned sweetcorn with boiled rice, take`s as long as the rice does.

Tell you what, that doesn't sound bad. I could go with that. Quick, nutritious,  especially if I added some sliced chicken breast xx

On 16/12/2018 at 14:03, Pumpmedic said:

Chicken in white wine sauce out of a tin, add veg such as tinned sweetcorn with boiled rice, take`s as long as the rice does.

On 16/12/2018 at 14:15, chameleon said:

tinned salmonella

If that was in response to the post above it then all I can say is maybe you need to get out more. 

2 hours ago, Delilah said:

Can anyone remember (possibly for sale in Roys supermarket in Wroxham, but elsewhere too) a series of pouch meals made so you can either microwave them or boil them in the bag? We can remember buying a beef in red wine one, there was a lamb one, a chicken one, but we've never seen them again

We used to use that sort of food when we were out tramping the hills. All sorts of varieties were available from hiking shops and maybe still are. There was also what they described as "space food" which consisted of foil packets that you poured boiling water into and were then presented with some variety of stew to delight in! Ainsley Harriet produced a range of convenience foods in packets but they were really lousy and didn't last very long!

For our narrow boats trips the ladies bring ready made chilled pastry, tinned steak,so they can make meat and potato pies, we also take the smoked bacon joints from Morrison's, they have two or three weeks fridge shelf life so are ideal.

We do try to eat out but finding a pub or moorings is never a given, so backup food is a must.

Regards

Alan

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Pumpmedic said:

If that was in response to the post above it then all I can say is maybe you need to get out more. 

Pumpmedic, There isn't a member on this forum who doesn't need to "get out more" but if we're out we can't post. If we can't post we can't chat to each other. If we don't chat, we get lonely, and if we get lonely all we can do is go out to the pub and actually meet people.

Now, be fair, would you really want to inflict US on the general public?

• Haha 3

Think I've found what I asked you guys about :default_biggrin:

It's a brand called Look What We Found https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.lookwhatwefound.co.uk/&ved=2ahUKEwjd8JqvxLDfAhXUqHEKHamMAZcQFjAAegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw3QyiiI0OyePD8TRmSBBq9w

But they don't do as many different things as they did a few years ago.

Anyway, at least I know where to get them from now :594c04f07a501_default_AnimatedGifCats(124):

Hope you all have a good one xx

2 hours ago, Delilah said:

Think I've found what I asked you guys about :default_biggrin:

It's a brand called Look What We Found

These definitely sound like something we should keep with the emergency rations, I would say better than no food at all but reading some of the write-ups I've seen  They sound pretty good, so apparently Morrisons do them so next time I'm in there I'll have a look and see what the shelf life is like, and their boil in the bag what could be simpler. 

3 hours ago, MauriceMynah said:

Pumpmedic, There isn't a member on this forum who doesn't need to "get out more" but if we're out we can't post. If we can't post we can't chat to each other. If we don't chat, we get lonely, and if we get lonely all we can do is go out to the pub and actually meet people.

Now, be fair, would you really want to inflict US on the general public?

Well if you put it like that ...............

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, grendel said:

it does get a bit like this in the winter, people cant get away and go on their boats on the broads as easily, so slowly go stir crazy.

The problem is G, its hard to go crazy stirring a ready meal as there isn't much stirring required.

Like I suggested earlier, its much better to stick to the liquid diet whilst on board :default_drinks: