New to the forum

oceandawn

Hi Alan

Have sent money via your link as suggested . If you don't receive it could you let me know? I have to say I am quite taken with the lovely welcome that we have received.. Thankyou

Get used to the lovely comments and banter on here, because there is plenty of it to go around. Great place to be a member of.

• Like 2

Hi Ocean Dawn, welcome from me too. I did`nt realise we had so many members from Lincolnshire, which  is quite a coinsidence, as Karen and i are off to Lincolnshire for a week in a cottage on the Bank holiday weekend. We`re going tom a place called Greetham just East of Horncastle.Is that anywhere near you?.

I`m sure i recognise the name Ocean Dawn, we may have seen her on the river sometime?.

Anyway, welcome to the forum, and enjoy some fun chat, as well as some lively debate. It`s all in good spirit.

Hi Speedtriple

We are about 20 miles from Horncastle it is a really nice country town. In fact my daughter works there as a publisher. The Lincolnshire Wolds are really pretty with nice villages. I wouldn't recommend that you visit the see side resorts, they are a touch tacky. If you are thinking about going out and about Lincoln is really good. Really nice little shops and restaurants, and the cathedral,  A really good Italian on Bailgate. The new refurbished castle museum is excellent with a dedicated part for the Magna Carta.If you do go, punch in Bailgate into your sat nav and there is a car park near the cathedral. If you go right into Lincoln centre you will have to climb steep hill, fine if you are very fit! Hope you enjoy it. We are in Norfolk then. Anything else you want to know let me know.

Regards

If you go right into Lincoln centre you will have to climb steep hill, fine if you are very fit! Hope you enjoy it.

Take my advice, use the car park at the top!  Steep is an understatement! :D I did it both ways, NEVER again:norty: 

cheersIain.

Hi Chameleon

We don't really know anybody in the shed but you must have seen us to recognise the boat, so apologies if we didn't speak.We are from Grimsby. Is you boat called Chameleon.? We will look out for it when we are down there Bank Holiday weekend. Thanks for the welcome;  Must figure out how to get the smiley faces!

Pauline

hi Pauline,

we are also from grimsby! Seems there's a few of them s regularly make the trek down the a47!

we moor in ferry marina but will keep an eye out for you on the river. Our boat is called florantine (sovereign 34 sunbridge)

cheers

ian 

Hi Iain

Just got back from Norfolk. Torrential rain on the way back! Don't you just love the A47 and A17? We are in Scartho, if you are too now that would be a coincidence. We went  to  Egypt one year only to find our next door  neighbours in the next room , an old hospital colleague and his wife, who happened to be my son's hairdresser in the same block, and a couple  from the same street in the block opposite. Such a small world.We will keep an eye out for you. We always fly the Lincolnshire flag.

Kind Regards

Now how did you know that ?Pretty good really pleased. We wanted the stanchions to be replaced but the side  access would have been difficult. Last year there was some damage to the pulpit rails whilst in the wetshed and although Marineweld did a repair it really needed a proper job so they suggested extending them.They don't look so much of second thought now.

We are new to this forum and still finding our feet, but as an introduction, we are Warren and Julie from Bolton, Lancashire and we usually come to the broads twice a year, once around May and again September / October

We tend to go with Richardsons now, but have used Bridgecraft, Herbert Woods and even many years back Ernest Collins!

Our favourite boatyard though was Moonfleet until they were swallowed up last year!

We are easily recognisable on the broads as we usually have our 2 Newfoundland dogs in tow

We lost Bruce and Shadow some years back who always enjoyed our doggy holidays on the broads and currently we have Cooper and Gigi

Both Cooper (7 years) and Gigi (3years) have been on the broads before and are rescue dogs as many Newfoundlands are abandoned when they become too big for their owners (we would hope these people would check out an adult Newfie before buying a puppy!)

We hope we can give something back to these gentle giants who just love the water, hence the broads!

So we are back on Friday 11th September on Escapade from Richardsons and our loose travel plans are to finish at Ludham Bridge Friday, Bridge Inn Saturday, Ranworth Sunday, Salhouse Monday (Newfie swim day), New Inn Horning Tuesday, Womack Water Wednesday and Neatishead Thursday

My parents are picking up a boat Monday and they hope to spend Tuesday and Wednesday with us hence locations they have never been before and a pub meal!

if you do see us around, please say hello

all the best

yours newfoundly 

Warren and Julie 

• 3 months later...

Hi Ocean Dawn, If your boat was on the river Great Ouse, We know it well and have spent many a happy hour on her. She was moored behind us  for years when we were on the front at Ely marina 1995-2007. I'm not surprised you had to throw shed loads of dosh at her though she was in need of some tlc.  her previous owner prided himself on his boat handling abilites deservedly so,  I've never seen anyone handle a boat better.

regards,

Carole

HI Carole

Yes pretty sure that she did come from there. We brought it from a guy who lived in Cambridge. Unfortunately he did a very poor refurb on it and then sold it very quickly and being new to boat ownership we were fooled by the broker and him. However it had never been a hire boat and the original gel coat now polished is in superb condition .Yes we have spent a shed load on it but it is basically a good boat and we are just about at the end. It is having  some of the main cabin refitted this winter. Adding to the never ending list.We could not boast of our boat handling abilities hence a new bow thruster which is brilliant.Are you on the Broads?. Would love to meet up and talk about the boat's former life.

Regards

Pauline