Was It Something We said

Hylander

Flaming Norah is it raining here near to Beccles.   Blowing a gale and it is like a monsoon at the moment.   I have been watching a boat trying to moor at the Wherry for some time.    Even Sky TV has gone off.   Gutters overflowing,  did someone say it was August.

Blowing in the Wind and Rain.jpg

• Like 4

Hi Monica,

I was awoken before 5.00 o'clock this morning with torrential rain, that did not stop until  around 7.30 am.

We have had rain on and off for the last couple of weeks up here, good for the garden but nothing else, I was hoping that my fellow owners on the boat would be having better weather on the Broads.

I really feel for anyone who has hired this summer ( I know what summer), is August this year the wettest on record? 

Regards

Alan

Hope this national soaking clears up, "For all concerned" personally we are camping next week on the Lincolnshire coast for a few nights. However, if past years are owt to go on then October on the Broads can be a really settled month, T-Shirt weather some days, let's hope  so, down on the 12th.

the forecast i've just watched stopped short of issuing a weather warning, but certainly suggested that a nasty low is expected to develop and track north east over the UK during late sat and sunday. High pressure then looks to fill in early sept as the jet weakens

We're in Kent, too, and as said it's been persisting down. It's prompted me to renew my search for a waterproof jacket. 

I mean to say, August? It isn't looking like a glorious Bank Holiday either.

We were really lucky with our weather on the broads from 8 - 15th August. One morning and night of rain and the rest was really beautiful. 

Realistically we have had a good summer - in our house we all have Mediterranean suntans as a result of being on the river. Yesterday wasn't good and having literally paddled home from work I can confirm it was warm paddling & quite pleasant! Boating this weekend will be fine - good company & being afloat whatever the weather is just fabulous! Have a lovely day all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

9aafd151d8afe9b9f444219037ceea16.jpg

Same here in Lanzarote. Terrible weather

:-)

There's so little rain there they have to have desalination plants! Have you been into the middle of the island yet, to the Timanfayah (sp?) volcano? Ore those awesome caves near Arrecife? Cesar Manrique's house is also well worth a visit.. truly awesome artist/architect..

cheersbar

Fed up with getting wet so got a last minute thingy to Malta. minimum 27 degrees and some great fishing in the Med. Benefit of having your own boat is that I don't have to go out unless I want to. Feel sympathy for those holiday makers who have booked and paid for a boat in this weather, even a large cruiser can seem very small if your stuck on board.

• Like 2

Fed up with getting wet so got a last minute thingy to Malta. minimum 27 degrees and some great fishing in the Med. Benefit of having your own boat is that I don't have to go out unless I want to. Feel sympathy for those holiday makers who have booked and paid for a boat in this weather, even a large cruiser can seem very small if your stuck on board.

Good on you Stuart - we loved Malta! Great diving, ace weather and lots of historic stuff - wot's not to like? Have a good-un!

cheersbar

Well with a 4 and 7 year old in tow we have to compromise-water park on Saturday, car hire for a couple of days Monday/Tuesday to visit volcano and possibly caves but at least generally explore and then a day trip on a boat next Friday. It's all go!

• Like 1

Well with a 4 and 7 year old in tow we have to compromise-water park on Saturday, car hire for a couple of days Monday/Tuesday to visit volcano and possibly caves but at least generally explore and then a day trip on a boat next Friday. It's all go!

What, in Norfolk?

• Like 2