'The Corsican' - Crew Wanted - Lads Week 2015

Evening Y'all,

Ok some of you will know Geoffrey and his boat 'The Corsican' (V.Nice 38ft centre cockpit tupperware)

Geoffrey has asked me (rather a bit late in the day) if he can attend our annual 'Lads Week' with him and his boat. - Of course he can - I don't own the Broads or anyone's boat for that matter!  Problem there is Geoffrey doesn't have a crew to assist him. His normal crew is Steve but work commitments won't allow him the time off.  So he needs just two crew members (Male - Sorry - it is the 'Lads Week' after all) able bodied and with normal eyesight.  What will it cost you? A contribution to the victuals onboard, your own spending money and that's it!

This years Lads Week commences late Friday 09th through to Saturday 17th Oct.  'B.A' + 2 x Jewels are booked with a total of 17 crew - 'B.A' does have one spare place available but Geoffrey is a bit erm . . . . . well built and needs his guide dog with him and seeing as we will have Macie dog onboard 'B.A' - it wouldn't work, besides Geoffrey quite rightly wants to attend with his own boat.

So if you are up for it - PM / Txt / Ring me and I'll let Geoffrey know

Whilst I'm here - if anyone wants to join in with our flotilla for part or the whole week - you are of course welcome, We are going 'Darn Sarf' Saturday,  back 'Oop Norf' Tuesday, then stay north through to the Saturday 17th

Griff

Edited by BroadAmbition
  • Like 2

Eyup Griff, been a while since Jo and I spent a couple of great days with you and yours, and a whole lot more, at Mark and Lyndsey's wedding at Salhouse. We are down on Monday the 12th oct out of Brundall for a week on one of the new Brooms Captain's. Looking at the tide tables will you be anywhere around the Berney Arms or perhaps the Bell to get the tide on Tuesday to go north? Would be nice to catch up with you and the lads.  cheers

Mon 12th - Sailing from Norwich early afternoon bound for Berney Arms Inn to arrive no later than 1730(ish) overnight stop (Subject to the Berney Arms being open - just waiting on them confirming this), then v. early sail Tuesday morning to clear the bridges at GYA on our way back to the northern side.

The Tuesday morning sail from Berney to the mouth of the Bure is the only time during our southern adventure that we will be against tide.

Griff

Edited by BroadAmbition

We start our week on the 10th, hoping to head North from Beccles for a few days too, havn't checked the tide tables yet so not sure when we will 'cross over', should see you about. so give us a :wave.

The new engine's settled in, and i'm looking forward to it.

• Like 1

Each time I see a picture of your boat CC I just think "if only, if only". However commitments made weeks ago prevent me from being considered for your fantastic offer. Two hospital appointments for me, followed by theatre trips arranged by the ships  captain Mrs Wussername, have scuppered me. 

I do hope that you find someone soon, a wonderful opportunity to enjoy the rivers and Broads on a wonderful boat.

Thought I would let you all know these beautiful pictures where are taken on Saturday by lord Paul. We had just got the boat back from moonfleet , I have to say they  done a fantastic job, brilliant repair, Polish the hull , and antifould so we thought while she is looking her best we we'll have some nice photographs taken...

cor-69.jpg~original.jpg

• Like 4

Hello all went out on the boat at the weekend had a lovely time but would you believe went to buy a fender as we had one nicked , headed for Bolters when backing in tried to use our bow thruster no luck not working so the blasted boat needs to come out again so they can inspect the thruster what a bummer. 

cor-26.jpg~original.jpg

Hello all went out on the boat at the weekend had a lovely time but would you believe went to buy a fender as we had one nicked , headed for Bolters when backing in tried to use our bow thruster no luck not working so the blasted boat needs to come out again so they can inspect the thruster what a bummer. 

cor-26.jpg~original.jpg

Hi Geoffrey,

I would just get them to check the connections and brushes on the bow thruster before taking the boat out of the water, if it proves to be a gearbox issue then the boat can always be lifted.

Regards

Alan 

Edited by ranworthbreeze