'The Corsican' - Crew Wanted - Lads Week 2015

Well i can't  believe it my self , i have only put it up on the forums i need to know who i am getting , i did have someone but he let me down this morning i have someone for the future but that is not a lot off good to me at the moment . I will keep trying i am not the kind of man to give up ...

• Like 2

Being on a boat with a complete stranger for a week could be an interesting experience! I do hope that someone will come along for the week but unless I knew someone well I don't think I'd volunteer, which might be a great relief to many!! On the other hand it could be the start of a lifelong friendship, or not. I used to skipper a charter yacht and most folk were great company, but 'most' is not 'all'! At least on the Broads you can offload poor company onto the bank, we couldn't at sea.

• Like 3

Yes I agree, however the person that volunteers won't be stuck with me for a week there are 19 and other people on the trip so plenty of other company... Also I believe there is a slightly different relationship between a blind person and someone who's coming along to be sighted assistance...

• Like 2

Hi Geoffery,

What level of assistance do you require? Am I right in assuming that it's only when the boat needs to be moved from one venue to another that you need a crew, or do you need someone to be onboard throughout?

I ask this as I have a friend who wants to come and is happy to crew for you. I think his idea is that he crews when the boat is moving but stays on my boat overnight. If I cannot make it there myself he would be happy to crew for you and stay on The Corsican. As far as boat handling goes, he is very able. I have known him for over 30 years and have always found him to be an affable fellow. He is his mothers carer (but is arranging cover even as I type) so if you do need more assistance over and above 'crew' he is no stranger to this.

If this interests you, perhaps you can give further information as to your requirements.

My very best wishes to you,

John (Maurice-Mynah) from Nyx.

• Like 1

So glad that you found someone to crew for you Geoffrey. My late wife was blind and a guide dog user. He was called Paddy, he made such a difference to her life. Sadly, both of them are no longer here. But I have found a new love in my life with Wendy, and just have a cat to fuss now. :cat:  Enjoy your Lads Week Holiday! :Stinky

Edited by GeoffandWendy
  • Like 1