Most of us has got one of these wrong at some time.

Maxwellian

I like anything to do with words and language and am constantly bugged by the mistakes you find in the literature of professional organisations, never mind the cvs of people applying for jobs. I think a lot of people use spell check but don't then proof read their work to make sure the words are the right ones. Spelling mistakes do tend to jump out at me.

The word I always have trouble remembering when to use is license and licence. Apparently license is the verb and licence is the noun. :)

I think it's unforgiveable on cvs and the like but when typing like we do on the Forum I think it's more a case of typing too fast and pressing the wrong button (big fingers) to be honest. Now we can edit our own posts (I love doing it, I feel like a member of Admin lol) it ought to happen less, sometimes you could read something over a couple of times and still mss a mistake though.

The thing is, I hve troible tping moist wrds on a Satrday nigt anyway :naughty: oops sorry, should have edited :naughty:

Grace

• Like 9

The thing is, I hve troible tping moist wrds on a Satrday nigt anyway :naughty: oops sorry, should have edited :naughty:

Grace

I used to have a mate who suffered from moist word syndrome. It was like taking a shower particularly if the sentence contained a lot of P's. ...... still makes me feel ***** just thinking about it.

My current hate word is trainings, which appears among many misspellings caused by Noah Webster, (I work for an American company).

It's not helped by this tablet's auto mistake programme.

Word perfect?! I didn't think that was still around, so I checked, it is, version X7 now cost £250 pounds!

Speed reading is a problem I have, In my school days I used to read 10 books a week and not just little books often a thick tome like Palaeolithic Archeology. Even today two or three books a week is not unusual.

My brother is worse, he can remember ALL he reads