if a pub goes down the food route and looses its locals it is usual for the wet side to go down, unfortunately locals bring character to a pub and when that is lost then the appeal goes too, 

(I am not talking about Stokesby Ferry as I have only been once) 

• Like 1

The main bar at the Ferry is more suited to drinking and blathering than troughing in my opinion. There is a separate dining area and the little side room used to be a pool and darts room and should be again. Outside speaks for itself. Very nice frontage with moorings and the usual tables. Has all the ingredients to  thrive as a local again given the right landlord/lady.

• Like 1

Ive known this pub for all my life plus several of the early landlords. Its in a difficult location and when I was a local in the area we just stopped using it due to the driving.

The locals are vital for the winter, luckily there has been a few houses etc built in the area but  unfortunately the catchment area is still small. 

So the summer season is vital, plus obtaining a name for excellent food would help, however unfortunately at £30k rent a year I think its another pub that will struggle. Private ownership could help but still risky...

• Like 1

i too like the  pub we eat that too nice grub some one should take note ..........

atmosphere dul dull dull..........

good staff and good pub .....just need rod up **** to make it alive again

we support the locals buinsnees....when we are about  i will go in try then tell ye rwhta i think 

please good now one come to mine  ...jusus...............!!!!!!

i get me coat ...............

• Like 2