Some old mooring prices etc

webntweb

Norwich YS overnight: Sept 81 £2.00; Sept 86 £4.80; Sept 87 £4.80; Oct 93 £6.00; Oct 94 £6.80; Oct 95 £6.80;

Yarmouth YS overnight: Sept 84 £3.80; Sept 86 £3.50; Sept 87 £5.00; Oct 89 £6.00; Oct 90 £8.00;

Oulton YS overnight: Aug 85 £2.00; Sept 86 £2.20; Sept 87 £2.35; Oct 90 £3.20; Oct 93 £3.80; Oct 94 £3.90; Oct 95 £4.00;

Beccles YS overnight: Sept 86 £2.20;

Salhouse: Sept 84 50p;

Smith Powles Marina (Wroxham) Oct 93 £2.80;

Horning Ferry Marina Oct 93 £5.00 (including use of swimming pool);

Anglia Water 12 months fishing licence 1985 £3.00;

Anglia Water 7 day fishing licence 1987 £1.50;

Anglia Hosts 158 Ber Street, Norwich, Sept 84: Cheese Ploughman £1.75p; Cheese Roll 70p; Bowl of Chips 55p.

Rising Sun, Coltishall, Sept 86: Plaice meal £1.95; Gammon meal £3.75; Sausage meal £1.75.

• Like 2

Oh you were being ripped off at 7 and 9p a pint John and Howard. It was only 5p a pint for Carlisle State Keg then (1970/71) :naughty: The biggest rise was anything that was a half pence, as it disappeared and created a100% increase not much later. Example...Newspaper old money 6d became 3p quite soon after decimalisation. Our lunchtime game of seven card brag that had been 1d and as we all hated the half pence we used 1p instead an increase of 200% and you wonder where inflation came from!:naughty:

cheersIain

Edited by BroadScot
  • Like 1

I joined a ship in the Far East in 1970 returned to the UK in 1972. I was clueless with the dosh when I returned, used to hold my hand out with all these new decimal coins allowing myself to be ripped off left right and centre !  A lot of people made a lot of dosh in that learning period. 

Hi Ian,

Not sure of Black Jacks & Fruit Salad in 1971 but in the early 60's they were  four for 1D.

Regards 

Alan

I was going to say that too.

If I recall, Mars  Bars were 6d, (2 1/2 p in new money) they were 6d for years, and most sweets had their prices printed on the paper wrappers.

I remember in late 60's my father buying 4 gallons of petrol for a pound note. He didn't always have the squirt of red X though.

The lowest value coinage at the time was a halfpenny. The fathing and silver threepenny bit were before my time. Just !

In the 50's and early 60's Spangles were 3d Fruit Pastilles 3d Polo Mints 2d, and my fathers favourite...Fry's Chocolate Cream 6d he bought on a Friday night from the mobile Italien ice cream/sweet van. A real treat was a double nougat ice cream 6d. My take home pay after tax and insurance first year Apprentice Electrician was £4.4/- before an indentured apprentice £2.17/6d. 15/- lasted me all week as pocket money etc the rest went to my Mum. Happy days.

cheersIain.

• Like 1

In the 50's and early 60's Spangles were 3d Fruit Pastilles 3d Polo Mints 2d, and my fathers favourite...Fry's Chocolate Cream 6d he bought on a Friday night from the mobile Italien ice cream/sweet van. A real treat was a double nougat ice cream 6d. My take home pay after tax and insurance first year Apprentice Electrician was £4.4/- before an indentured apprentice £2.17/6d. 15/- lasted me all week as pocket money etc the rest went to my Mum. Happy days.

cheersIain.

Hi Iain,

Your take home pay was similar to mine maybe a little less.

I was on 1 shilling and 1&1/2 pennies per hour. My first week included about 3 hours overtime one night and a Saturday morning and my take home pay was a little over £5.00

10 bob (10 shillings) was a very good nights out it paid for four pints and a chips & fishcake.

In those days it was expected to hand over your take home pay to your mother in my case it would have been my Nan.

Regards

Alan 

In 1964,  3 days after leaving school, I started work in the same office where my brother worked.

I started as a junior on the post desk earning the princely sum of £4 for a 40 hour week.

I remember my brother complaining about how much I was being paid.

He had started on £3. 5s when he started there. He did not take into account the fact that he started 5years before I did.

Jeff