Diesel price rise to hit the Broads?

JennyMorgan

What I don't understand . Our Bussiness is slow at the moment because there is a surplus of oil . A lot of projects are being mothballed. So this is another indication oil price is and will keep dropping . So why the increase . surely the uk usage should be able to demand a fair price ?? 

I heard on the radio sometime this week that there is going to be a shortage of diesel at the pumps. also whilst a group of us were chatting last night it was mentioned that a number of cities are going to limiting diesel engined cars from entering their cities.

Has anyone else heard of this?

Regards

Alan

Edited by ranworthbreeze

I heard on the radio sometime this week that there is going to be a shortage of diesel at the pumps. also whilst o group of us were chatting last night it was mentioned that a number of cities are going to limiting diesel engined cars from entering their cities.

Has anyone else heard of this?

Regards

Alan

Yes. There was a detailed article in one of the news papers during the week.

There is (was) no current shortage of diesel in this country.  That was of course until some numpties misread/misunderstood this RAC research piece, which clearly refers to a long term issue into the future, and have now rushed out to fill up their cars potentially creating a short term problem.  

Yes, various cities, concerned about pollution levels, are considering restricting diesel vehicles in the future.

I think it fair to say that at some time in the future there will be a shortage of diesel (and other fossil fuels) and that prices will go up - they always do.

Vehicle restrictions are more about congestion relief than anything else - IMHO - and jumping on the green bandwagon. Shame old Boris doesn't ban crappy old diesel taxis and buses as well when you consider which street in London is the worst affected by this?

oh and if they charge you a premium like his congestion/emissions charges, it helps their budgets as well. Not sure it is used to clean the air.

It does all seem a bit misplaced and unjoined when I can still run a 3.0 diesel car that is exempt from road tax. It's either a pollution concern or it's not - not depending on where I drive it.

Coor, got that off my chest - sorry.

Bait runner :  The reason you can run a 3.0 diesel car with no road tax is because Road tax for the privately owned car  is based  on CO2 emissions.

Unless  you have a company  car  (where diesel currently incurs a 3% extra BIK charge  but due to be merged in line with petrol car in tax year 2016/17), there is no correlation between your car tax and its  diesel emissions.

The authorities  have  encouraged us all to buy diesel so as to assist in saving  polar  bears etc,  however seemed to forget that at the same time   Nitrogen Dioxide  emissions from diesel are also  bad for us and even worse so  if you  have the misfortune to suffer from lung problems.

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-26257703

So yes I think its fair to say that it is indeed  a  pollution concern as opposed to not, but as usual the road to hell is paved with good intentions as we have at least reduced some CO2 from cars by moving to diesel