canon 1000d macro try out

jillR

I suspect macro is probably a "scene" mode in which case no, it will come with preconfigured settings which you will be unable to change. I'm not really sure I see the point in the macro scene mode myself. Better to get a proper macro lens and shoot using Av mode where you can set the other settings yourself as normal. Be aware that depth of field with macro lenses is absolutely miniscule though. Canon have a cheapish 50/f2.5 macro lens, it's really not that great as macro lenses go but it's a good starting point. It'll also be better in low light than your kit lens (owing to being a faster lens) and it doubles quite nicely as a standard prime lens if you go out and do any landscape shooting.

I think the shell is the best shot so far. :)

What focal length were you using Jill? To get closer you'll need a longer focal length and, as I have discovered recently whilst looking for one, dedicated macros go up in cost very quickly as the focal length gets longer.

I am very impressed with the sharpness from that kit lens.

would love to be able to do some gnats warts

Jill, You could always borrow this! :)

But would need a camera adaptor to fit on the head.

Maybe someone on here could help in that department?

Fairly certain you'll get the Gnats warts, including all those creepy bits wriggling around inside the warts! :roll:

Regards,

Clive

post-160-13671351634_thumb.jpg