Back end of a bus!

AdnamsGirl

Thanks to everyone for the input on this.

I did hear back from the chap who runs the Eastern Counties website. Unfortunately, there isn't enough visible for him to be able to identify it, but he did actually call it a bus so perhaps it is actually one rather than a van. He is certain that it wasn't an Eastern Counties model though. I have attached a higher resolution close up of the vehicle. It does look as though the second word may be "Motors" or at least include Motor in the name. Google still hasn't provided any matches.

The lady in the background - as I said, I strongly suspect that is my great grandmother. I'm not sure her clothing can be that accurate a method of dating the photo as she seemed to wear the same style of clothing and hats for many years. . The other attached image shows her at Cromer (with my nan and my father as a baby) in 1933 - I'm sure that's the same hat and coat.

bus_closeup.thumb.jpg.b8a3d286c26b73d233

9237552731_1325f13345_k.thumb.jpg.b8919b

• Like 1