Concerto

Broads01

We hired Concerto 5 for a week recently. I've looked aboard Concerto previously and always liked the design and our week aboard confirms that view. The Concertos had a full guts out refit and layout redesign around 10 years ago having formerly been in the old New Horizon Thames fleet (how I miss that but that's another story!). The layout feels fresh and modern in comparison with identically priced boats in the Richardsons fleet. The galley sits across the boat and helps form a large open plan living space which is larger than the traditional Bounty and Horizon forward drive layouts. The corridor that leads to the stern unusually doesn't pass through any cabins and both cabins therefore are cosy and private. There is a smooth quiet modern Nanni diesel at the rear. The principle downsides are the bunks cabin which is small and not practical for adults plus the lack of headroom along the main corridor (which is on the far port side and therefore underneath the sloping part of the roof). Overall really excellent value for money and I would definitely hire again.

WP_20150410_10_19_27_Pro.jpg

WP_20150410_10_19_41_Pro.jpg

WP_20150410_10_20_15_Pro.jpg

WP_20150410_10_20_35_Pro.jpg

WP_20150903_13_04_02_Pro.jpg

• Like 5

My only gripe with this boat, is while it is identical to Rhapsody - it lacks the lighting in the saloon over the settee that Rhapsody has.

Did you find this to be a problem in the evening on Concerto?

Edited: Just found out why, Rhapsody is identical apart from the fact has no sliding canopy - hence has the lighting.  Hmm quandary, go for a bright saloon at night or the benefit of a roof slid back during the day..

Edited by LondonRascal
Did not pay attention to things properly. Must try harder next time.
  • Like 1

Completely agree with you Robin and I should have mentioned that in my original post. The saloon is lighting is appalling to be honest because there is only the two lights above the galley area which are far too far back to light the whole saloon. I would have expected a low level lamp below the windscreen somewhere.

My only gripe with this boat, is while it is identical to Rhapsody - it lacks the lighting in the saloon over the settee that Rhapsody has.

Did you find this to be a problem in the evening on Concerto?

Edited: Just found out why, Rhapsody is identical apart from the fact has no sliding canopy - hence has the lighting.  Hmm quandary, go for a bright saloon at night or the benefit of a roof slid back during the day..

Possibly bring along some battery powered led lamps for a break on Concerto and get the best of both worlds?

• Like 1

No need for battery powered lamps.

For any boat that has a 240v socket, I simple take a clip up lamp and a low energy bulb.  For boats that do not, I take my small inverter.

When you consider the Labcraft 'square' light fittings that many hire boats (including Concerto) feature 16 watt Osram lamp running at 12v, I take an 11w lamp which despite not being as efficient as running on 12v (because of the inverter) will still not sap more than having the boats 12v lighting on from the battery.

I simply clip it up in saloon for a nice 'home feel' light not a harsh light.  Using some paper a few inches in front of the bulb can further diffuse the light.  Cheap and simple.

Alternatively you could go for this LED all in one solution - that Broad Ambition now has as a clip up light for when we need extra lighting in the wheelhouse.