The Countdown Has Started

Mouldy

Not long now, in fact less than twenty-four hours until we plan to leave from Northampton, destination Wroxham (okay, Hoveton to the pedants) to start another week afloat.  It hardly seems a year since we were last there, so much has happened that it has literally flown by.

The weather seems to be set fair for the first few days at least.  It would be hard to imagine that we could be so lucky to have such brilliant weather as we had last September on board Royall Commander.  Unfortunately, we were unable to go to Royalls again this year as they only allow one dog, and our son and his fiancée, Rachel wanted to take their hound too, but having been to Summercraft on four occasions previously, we go with the knowledge that the boat (Grande Girl 1) will be in excellent order.

The only downside for our holiday this year is the tide timings, which make crossing Breydon difficult as we don't fancy a night in Yarmouth.  We had hoped to visit Beccles this time, but we'll have to see where the fancy takes us when we are aboard.

I will try to write a holiday report, probably when we come home, as we are all on EE mobiles and I am aware that the network coverage is poor.

If you see us, give us a wave!!

• Like 3

Have a lovely time :wave Grande Girl 1 is a lovely Boat, our favourite Boat designs, if you want to try somewhere different in the future, have a look at Broadland Mars from Richardsons, a cracking Boat and more or less the same layout.

I remember your holiday report on Royall Commander, damn good it was too,  very much looking forward to it.

Be careful, there may be a few reprobates about on the rivers this weekend :naughty:

Grace

• Like 1

Be careful, there may be a few reprobates about on the rivers this weekend :naughty:

Grace

Grace? I thought you were hospitalised! Fancy calling yourself a repro! :naughty: The lovely, well behaved, angelic:angel: members ARE on the rivers this weekend as you say, and shall be kept in order by our Admiral I am sure. I hope Eric and family have a safe journey, and make the meet also.

Oh the real reprobate, ME :taunt: is now on fortnight countdown! :party:

cheersIain

• Like 3

Looking forward to it,  Mouldy.

Will you be flying the NBN Burgee?  I only ask as it makes identifying Members much easier.

You should see quite a few of us, either South, or coming back North from the Autumn Meet. You can check out boats on the Meet pages.

Have a Great Time !    :wave

No Burgee, I'm afraid, but Summercraft's livery is quite eyecatching, so we should be easy to spot.  We will certainly endeavour to have a good time!!  We will be on the Broads, after all, so it shouldn't be difficult!!

Have a lovely time :wave Grande Girl 1 is a lovely Boat, our favourite Boat designs, if you want to try somewhere different in the future, have a look at Broadland Mars from Richardsons, a cracking Boat and more or less the same layout.

I remember your holiday report on Royall Commander, damn good it was too,  very much looking forward to it.

Grace

Thanks to you too, Grace.  We tend to prefer the smaller yards to hire from.  Over the years we have used Summercraft, Bristers, Royalls, Russells and some years ago, Gale Cruisers at Loddon.  Nothing against Richardsons, we just prefer the more personal atmosphere that the smaller yards offer.

• Like 1