No more mooring fees !!!

Poppy

I wonder, did the manufacturer ever make 5000, ever, let alone in its first year? 

Imagine, owner splashed out his £175.00, at a time when a tenner a week was a darn good wage, then finds out what the toll is on an outboard powered dinghy, the insurance and the launching fees, the cost of parking the bike and mooring fees if he ties up, the lack of petrol on the Broads and so he puts the darn thing on e-bay only to find that there are commision charges and pay-pal charges, he ends up wising he's never bought the blessed thing!

• Like 1

I think that the Barrow dinghy is a wondrous thing. Just think, you could row or sail down Oulton Broad, push it down the high Street, do your shopping, fill it up, down to the wherry, launch, and gently row home. Then hide it under a hedge (no toll)

They still sell them in Loddon I believe.

Edited by Wussername
  • Like 1

I wonder, did the manufacturer ever make 5000, ever, let alone in its first year? 

Imagine, owner splashed out his £175.00, at a time when a tenner a week was a darn good wage, then finds out what the toll is on an outboard powered dinghy, the insurance and the launching fees, the cost of parking the bike and mooring fees if he ties up, the lack of petrol on the Broads and so he puts the darn thing on e-bay only to find that there are commision charges and pay-pal charges, he ends up wising he's never bought the blessed thing!

oooh Peter, I love it when you ooze positivity with such enthusiasm!

• Like 1

Back in those days: no mooring fees, no parking fees, no ebay, no insurance on the boat, and when did broads tax start?

I certainly do, Arthur, amazing things. Always wondered how the helmsman knew where he was going though, or does he depend on the crew yelling 'left a bit, right a bit, arghhhhhh, full astern, abandon caravan' or whatever?

Ah JM, and another thing, how did they drop the stabilisers once moored up for the night!:naughty:

cheersIain

• 2 weeks later...