Lotto win sees delivery of my new boat !

Lastdraft

Built by the renown boat builders Bodgit & Scarper, partially double glazed, mdf & chipboard wheelhouse, leans to starboard a bit but was told a fat lass sat to port would sort this, Who needs a Broom Gin Palace when you've got a Bodgit & Scarper Cider Shed ? Living the dream....

image.jpg

• Like 11

There used to be an old dinghy on the South side that basically had an MDF shed on it - not seen it for years though - probably sank!!:shocked

I do wonder if you put a dinghy on those davits if it would actually pull a wheelie? Whats the air draft on that?

The sights you see nowadays.

ps. Let Eric know in case he wants to upgrade:bow

Well I wonder if JA will wish this latest superstructure added? All that is missing is the chocolate machine!! That looks very like the Queen of Icini frontage, Howard. 

Hang on, perhaps its the new TV advert for a well knows Double Glazing firm!:naughty:

cheersIain.

• Like 1

Don't knock it, it's a Boat, it floats, it would fit in nicely with the Richardsons Classic Fleet, just need to paint it orange :naughty: even has it's own storage shed, now, what more could you want? Yes, it is somebodies pride and joy and good luck to them :clapI think it's a cutie

Grace

• Like 3

Don't knock it, it's a Boat, it floats, it would fit in nicely with the Richardsons Classic Fleet, just need to paint it orange :naughty: even has it's own storage shed, now, what more could you want? Yes, it is somebodies pride and joy and good luck to them :clapI think it's a cutie

Grace

Bang goes your Richos discount Grace....ORANGE!!! No no no:norty:....Blue! ...now yer talking!:party:

As you say, its a cutie, will you be hiring it for next years Spring Meet?:naughty:

cheersIain

• Like 1

Yes come on all lets not be so quick to judge. Some people end up living afloat out a no choice of their own.. We've shown two around ours recently who's wifes ran off leaving them with hardly nothing. Thus have to make do with whatever they can do. 

• Like 8

Appreciate and understand your comments Alan, but as we all like to speculate......

it does look a little unstable and thus potentially dangerous to not just the owner. 

I also cannot see a broads reg number or current toll disc displayed, but it could be hidden somewhere, although the picture is quite good. 

Which thus leads me to my third point in that is it insured? Whilst I have sympathy for those who fall on hard times I wouldn't be very happy if this boat ended up hitting mine and caused any damage to find it wasn't insured  

No different to uninsured car drivers in my book.

This is all hypothesis of course and I may be talking out of my back side, but just trying to make my point as well. 

Of course the post was made in a light humoured  veign I believe and it does look funny. IMHO of course. :bow

• Like 4

Whoa ! This was meant to be a light hearted post about a funny looking boat. Of course there are sad cases out there having a hard time, that's life I'm afraid, shame to inject the fact into a generally well received post. Will think long and hard before posting again. 

• Like 1

I didn't intend to lower to humour aspect. I do think being a public forum though we always run the risk of owner turning up and taking offence which is never fun and we really don't know the owners backround etc ;) 

With regards to insurance don't forget that there's so many companies online that offer cheap and quick insurance so they "Should" be insured at least third party (I would have thought/hoped that the BA rangers come down hard on anyone that at least doesn't have third party insurance and sure that they do keep a close eye on all boats on the river). 

Whoa ! This was meant to be a light hearted post about a funny looking boat. Of course there are sad cases out there having a hard time, that's life I'm afraid, shame to inject the fact into a generally well received post. Will think long and hard before posting again. 

Please don't be put off - 20 plus posts in 4 hours is not bad going. I personally took it in the spirit it was meant and hopefully others will too :-) Do keep posting!

• Like 4