Lotto win sees delivery of my new boat !

Lastdraft

Well I wonder if JA will wish this latest superstructure added? All that is missing is the chocolate machine!!

cheersIain.

Anything that could house a chocolate machine would be a welcome addition above my waterline you wee scamp 

:kiss

Does it come in mahogany?

Norfolk cover makers, in my opinion, have a great deal to answer for when it comes to hideous 'extensions'. Coming through Reedham the other week I saw, with some horror, a mega gin palace adorned with an enormous fabric edifice, a sort of enlarged pram hood affair, only larger and far uglier than any I had seen before. A trip around any marina, and many moorings, will show similar third story extensions blighting the lines of numerous boats. Many no less ugly than the extension in the original post on this thread in my heartfelt opinion, just a great deal more expensive.

Edited by JennyMorgan
  • Like 2

2015-04-10_10.07.01.thumb.jpg.6180f10ad42015-04-10_10.10.10.thumb.jpg.28b82e30d0

Take it this is the Canopy at Reedham JM, good reason though, In the Med there is constantly a Bimini attached to the flybridge so for a winter cover they just put a cover with sides on the same frame. One thing for certain you will never see it up when there are people on board as it is pig ugly, no matter how rose tinted the spectacles are. 

Bit of a difference though as this one is going as soon as funds allow, at least the fabric maker could sew and didn't just hang it all on a pole:dance

Mark, how on earth did you recognise her from my brief description, spooky or what? Not your's, is she?

Senator, no, the one I had in mind is moored in the river but got to say that I'm not exactly impressed with that one either. Some good looking hulls around, why spoil them? Cover makers might be a practical lot but good design doesn't appear to be a high priority amongst some of them.

JM the one you refer to now has no stripes on, no name, (still being cut and polished), and is moored on the river in Reedham at the end of the Reedham Marina quay nearest the bridge, but I should know that as she is mine. 

DD.thumb.jpg.000e8cff78d301f76c0ff9a2840Canopy up

DD_Naked.thumb.jpg.db5cf3fc42856ee8cedcdBit fuzzy but as she should look

And No it doesn't fit under anything

Edited by senator
  • Like 2

Perhaps if naval architects were to design their often, but not always, slick looking craft as a package , complete with covers and additional flybridge cabins, then marina skylines  could be a lot more attractive. If I were to buy a soft top sports car then it would come thus supplied, complete with a leccy motor to put it up. I wouldn't need to call in a cover maker. I reckon the builders and designers are missing a trick. 

Thanks for the bimini explanation, makes sense, but not for me.  

the double glazing is really setting the bar high

The original subject of this thread has missed a trick by not having that awful black looking stuff! Well, I say 'awful', it can actually look quite smart but it's the being cut off from the outside world that I think that I would object to. Go past one of those black windowed boats, did the helmsman wave? Should I wave, just in case they did? Anti social stuff!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...