Lotto win sees delivery of my new boat !

Lastdraft

I bumped into these characters about 6 weeks ago at Burgh Castle moorings. They asked if there was a shop around as they were looking for provisions. The next day they were over at The Berney Arms, where they seem to have been every time I go past since. Not sure how secure the pub is, but the leccy outside was still on and I'm guessing water and toilet facilities if the pub isn't too secure make this a reasonably comfortable longer term mooring, at least until the auction.

• 2 weeks later...

100_1345.jpg

100_1346.jpg

100_1347.jpg

We have been talking about Bounty Boats in the hire boat section over the last couple of days, and here is what you can do with a 1980s Bounty 37 if you really put your mind to it. You have to be French of course, as only the French could appreciate the ambience of such a work of art!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ChrisB said:

Where is that? Is it close to Sete? It looks familiar, but sadly not been able to get to that area for many years.

Spot on Chris!

This is at the Abbée de la Maguellonne, just south of Montpellier (which you can see in the distance) and about an hour's hours cruise from Sète. Here you are only a few hundred yards from the deserted beaches of the Mediterranean, known as the Golf du Lion, and hence all the "liveabords" who chose to eke out their otherwise useless years on free moorings, with the sun on their backs. They do the place no credit. Especially as in this photo, the boat is squatting on overnight moorings, provided free of charge by the "Conseil Municipale".

Sorry Mods, I'm talking politics. . . .:hardhat:   Albeit French politics  :wacko:

• Like 1

Thanks Vaughan. Someone told me that some of the beautiful beaches in that area had also become a mecca for the worst type of wild camping. Folk who just will not pay for proper facilities. I always prefered the wilds of being to the west of the Rhone Delta to the Glitz of being east of it. It is now twenty five years since we last made what was an annual pilgrimage there taking the western route via Le Mans, Limoges, Cahors etc, so I guess it has changed quite a bit in that time.

9 hours ago, Vaughan said:

Spot on Chris!

This is at the Abbée de la Maguellonne, just south of Montpellier (which you can see in the distance) and about an hour's hours cruise from Sète. Here you are only a few hundred yards from the deserted beaches of the Mediterranean, known as the Golf du Lion, and hence all the "liveabords" who chose to eke out their otherwise useless years on free moorings, with the sun on their backs. They do the place no credit. Especially as in this photo, the boat is squatting on overnight moorings, provided free of charge by the "Conseil Municipale".

Sorry Mods, I'm talking politics. . . .:hardhat:   Albeit French politics  :wacko:

I also meant to say "A bit like Stalham and Sutton was a couple of winters ago"